Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a thyroid disease called graves disease. unfortunately i was one of the lucky ones that developed thyroid eye disease. so....my eyes bulge....yuk. when i wear eye makeup it only makes it way more obvious. any tricks on how i can wear eye makeup and not look like a frog?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
i have a thyroid disease called graves disease. unfortunately i was one of the lucky ones that developed thyroid eye disease. so....my eyes bulge....yuk. when i wear eye makeup it only makes it way more obvious. any tricks on how i can wear eye makeup and not look like a frog?
See,
Hi and welcome!

I'm sorry about your eye problem. The first thing of course is to get adequate treatment for the Graves. Here is a book that addresses thyroid ophthamology that might be a little helpful:

Living well with Graves' disease and ... - Google Books

I can understand that eye makeup, which usually helps to define the eyes, might not work for you. If lid retraction is a problem, it may be better not to draw attention to the eyes at all, since they already are prominent, and highlight your cheeks or lips instead. Sorry I'm not more helpful to you. If you could post a pic of your eyes maybe someone could weigh in with some suggs.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts