Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi LNL,

I was just on the F&F website, and there is the skin lightening gel, which I believe is the same one most on this forum have recommended, but it says not to use on the face.
Is this the same one? Can it be used on the face, or am I looking at the wrong product? (it comes in a white bottle)

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I was wondering the same thing too. There's nothing in the ingredients themselves that would preclude a customer applying it to the face but then the seller has issued that warning. I just ordered my 5x at the end of last week so I cannot answer your question but I was wondering the same thing. I was confused by the array of products allegedly targeting different goals. Some for 'skin brightening' some for 'skin lightening' & some for 'skin bleaching'. They did not clearly define these categories. They also provide the Fitzpatrick skin colour scale (intended for gauging photosensitivity with type I being the most photosensitive & VI being the least)BUT do not give clients any indication as to how to use it in relation to their products. For example something saying: 'if you are a Fitz V & want to lighten to a Fitz III use xyz products 2x/day for approx 6 months' etc. If you are a Fitz I & want to get rid of lentigines, freckles or a 'permatan' use xyz. You get the idea.

their site provides a lot of verbeage but very little substantive info a customer can use: it tends to confound rather than clarify & I've written them to this effect. I'll share any reply I get with the forum.

Based upon the positive experiences of certain long standing contributors here & F&F's ingredients list (ought tpo produce good results) I'm giving it a go, but not without a dose of skepticism.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wondering the same thing too. There's nothing in the ingredients themselves that would preclude a customer applying it to the face but then the seller has issued that warning. I just ordered my 5x at the end of last week so I cannot answer your question but I was wondering the same thing. I was confused by the array of products allegedly targeting different goals. Some for 'skin brightening' some for 'skin lightening' & some for 'skin bleaching'. They did not clearly define these categories. They also provide the Fitzpatrick skin colour scale (intended for gauging photosensitivity with type I being the most photosensitive & VI being the least)BUT do not give clients any indication as to how to use it in relation to their products. For example something saying: 'if you are a Fitz V & want to lighten to a Fitz III use xyz products 2x/day for approx 6 months' etc. If you are a Fitz I & want to get rid of lentigines, freckles or a 'permatan' use xyz. You get the idea.

their site provides a lot of verbeage but very little substantive info a customer can use: it tends to confound rather than clarify & I've written them to this effect. I'll share any reply I get with the forum.

Based upon the positive experiences of certain long standing contributors here & F&F's ingredients list (ought tpo produce good results) I'm giving it a go, but not without a dose of skepticism.
Thanks, Ondine,
I hope it works for you! I am trying to keep my skin lightening regime as simple as possible. It does get frustrating, and sometimes I feel like giving up, but having the support and great advice of all on this forum keeps me going.

Cheers,
G

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
We're here to support & encourage each other. As for giving up, the HQ4%/RA0.1% routine IS working for me & I've lightened considerably from the mid/dark Fitz V to a mid range Fitz IV. Not everyone tolerates RA at ANY strength as you can read in the threads discussing that topic, but I got lucky with it. I'm not trying F&F out of any dissatisfaction with HQ/RA but just out of curiosity over this possible alternative.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
As for HQ & cancer, it is an urban legend. There hasn't been a single documented case of a person developing cancer by using an unadulterated (with mercury & other toxins) HQ cream. Please click on the link in my signature & it'll take you to the forum's master resources/info thread. Scroll 'till you find a thread by me entitles "HQ & cancer an urban legend" (or something similar) for the facts on this subject.

I just checked the link you posted & this prodict sounds & looks dodgy indeed! White petrolatum is simply VASELINE. They claim that they heard that this is the sme formula that V. Belo sells for an arm & a leg. If this company had pirated her formula, they're breaking the law! Their product doesn't even have a label on it! They also list 2 separate ingredients list.

One says:Anti-Aging+Product+Type: lotion+4+clear+&+even+skin what the heck does +4 even mean?

then the other says: Ingredient: Kojic+acid,Licorice,Vit+A+&+C

This stuff is clearly a scam. Save yr money!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have been trying to figure out how to start a new post, so sorry guys, this is a little off the subject....
what do you think about buying off of ebay, and is there any truth to the HQ and Cancer, please see link below

Skin Bleach Whitening Bleaching Body Lotion Vicki Belo - eBay (item 190343225051 end time Oct-26-09 18:36:00 PDT)
Hi Islander5191,
I am olive skinned, and HQ did not work for me. Actually while I was on combo of HQ/RA it worked wonders, but after I stopped using it, my hyperpigmentation came back worse than ever!
As for HQ being carcinogenic, I am not sure..but I have stopped using it because I didn't want to take the chance of this being the case. I guess we can find anything on the net to verify what we believe in our minds.
If I didn't believe it caused cancer I could find websites dedicated to this assertion, and if I did believe...well, you get it.

Cheers,
Gigi

·
Registered
80 Posts
As for HQ & cancer, it is an urban legend. There hasn't been a single documented case of a person developing cancer by using an unadulterated (with mercury & other toxins) HQ cream. Please click on the link in my signature & it'll take you to the forum's master resources/info thread. Scroll 'till you find a thread by me entitles "HQ & cancer an urban legend" (or something similar) for the facts on this subject.

I just checked the link you posted & this prodict sounds & looks dodgy indeed! White petrolatum is simply VASELINE. They claim that they heard that this is the sme formula that V. Belo sells for an arm & a leg. If this company had pirated her formula, they're breaking the law! Their product doesn't even have a label on it! They also list 2 separate ingredients list.

One says:Anti-Aging+Product+Type: lotion+4+clear+&+even+skin what the heck does +4 even mean?

then the other says: Ingredient: Kojic+acid,Licorice,Vit+A+&+C

This stuff is clearly a scam. Save yr money!
i am looking for something that works quick, someting that can give results in a three week period, something good, money is no issue to me, i just need a product that works

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I understand yr concerns. Money is not 'an issue' for me either, but still: I don't like to throw it away. Their claims just seemed highly iffy to me. the unlabeled bottle & the claim that they've pirated someone else's formulation bec someone told someone else that this is the same formula several famous Filippina stars used, is specious. I clicked the link you provided, read the claims, read the contents lists (both of them) & gave my honest opinion. Good luck finding these people if something untoward happens or if it doesn't work at all. I'm not trying to be annoying, I just want to support you in getting the results you want to get safely & effectively.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
I choose to ignore the negatives b/c when you are thinking about the negatives you are attracting the negatives and inflicting those problems unto urself without realizing it, thats how the universe works. If it doesnt work, I simply discontinue use and go onto my reliable HQ/RA smoothly without making a fuss, and of course let everyone know it didnt work.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I choose to ignore the negatives b/c when you are thinking about the negatives you are attracting the negatives and inflicting those problems unto urself without realizing it, thats how the universe works. If it doesnt work, I simply discontinue use and go onto my reliable HQ/RA smoothly without making a fuss, and of course let everyone know it didnt work.
i know that i can seem annoying as well, but see it from my point of view, i want something that works so badly that if someone on this site say it works, i do a little research weather on this site or on google, then there is something wrong, this takes me back to our conversation Ondline about having someting real and tangible, something you can see by the way. do you guys have any pics of your reults, your before and after? any progress, anything?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'd posted mine B4. There was an 'old' Avatar photo from back in March that showed my strong red tone & one from late June showing the progress I'd made. Both photos were completely w/0 makeup of any kind & were closeups of my face shot in the bathroom mirror under similar lighting conditions. I took it down a couple of weeks ago as I was receiving some bizarre messages & emails from soe very weird people. On my B-day (Nov 28) I plan to post another photo updat. It'll only be visible for a short while, though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'd posted mine B4. There was an 'old' Avatar photo from back in March that showed my strong red tone & one from late June showing the progress I'd made. Both photos were completely w/0 makeup of any kind & were closeups of my face shot in the bathroom mirror under similar lighting conditions. I took it down a couple of weeks ago as I was receiving some bizarre messages & emails from soe very weird people. On my B-day (Nov 28) I plan to post another photo updat. It'll only be visible for a short while, though.
OH!!
I didn't know that's why you changed your avatar.

I liked that one better but if the crazies are after you taking the picture down was the right thing to do.
All this over Mono? And you don't even use it anymore!!

This is that time of year!
I"m staying inside this Halloween!! lol

(then again I never celebrated it in the first place).

·
Registered
484 Posts
i have been trying to figure out how to start a new post, so sorry guys, this is a little off the subject....
what do you think about buying off of ebay, and is there any truth to the HQ and Cancer, please see link below

Skin Bleach Whitening Bleaching Body Lotion Vicki Belo - eBay (item 190343225051 end time Oct-26-09 18:36:00 PDT)
I purchase from ebay all the time!!
In fact I purchased the kojic acid soap and skin bleach cream from this very same seller. Never used the body lotion.
Even though the face cream has white petrolatum it did not feel greasy on my face.

The soap was strong and that was the first time I ever used kojic soap. I've read it made peoples face sore and peeling and I thought I was gong to be the exception but nope!! I was peeling a bit and my face felt tender after a while it was gone. No more soreness or peeling and it did lighten my complexion.

Just one of those products in a line of many skin lightening products I wanted to try.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts