Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean? Are you referring to the pigment or darkened spots?

I have some spots I got from my hormonal changes but they have lightened over time.

I sometimes notice the area around my upper lip seems to darken around that time of the month.

Do you think you might benefit from seeing a doctor?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I would definitely seek a doctors opinion - dermatologist perhaps for starters! Then come back and tell us. I'm curious also - are you talking about spots or your whole face?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i want a white blushy face and i have a dark completion so plz tell me any tip from whom i can make my face in 6 months white ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think the doctors of pakistan are not giving any type f tablests aur not be ready for treatment about the white faces i mean white blushing places .......its all the miracles of the nice creams of the faces or any tyoe of facials and bleaches ........i am only 16 years old and i had a dark completion dear so i wanna to be a beautiful girl so plz tell me how may i be a beautiful girl...???

·
Registered
86 Posts
for starters simi....to be a beautiful girl you don't need to rely on your looks! Too many young girls these days put too much focus on their appearence and not enough focus into school and contributing to society. Please don't get caught up in what the world thinks is beautiful. I am sure you are georgous anyway. If you drink lots of water, use your sunscreen, wash and moisturize your skin, that should get you started on the road to a better complection.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Simi, I totally agree with Dtilford. Personally I understand wanting an even complexion, but I get very upset with the idea of people of color wanting to "bleach" or "whiten" their skin. The reasoning behind this desire is not just cosmetic, it has deep psycological indications, and (I feel) it de-values our self worth.

The link below is very intersting. You don't hear much about this in the news but it's happening all over the world. I've personnaly met Filipinos, Sri Lankens, and Saudi's with the same complexs and desires.

village voice > news > Fade to White by N. Jamiyla Chisholm

If it does not change your mind about the proceedure, I do hope it at least makes you VERY very CAUTIOUS about the products you choose to try.

Take care and Love YourLooks!.
...hence the name YorLooks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I recently found this really freaky site Asianwhiteskin.Com - Whitening Pills and Diet Products it is supposedly popular in Asia and it is to get rid of pimples, in turn also whiten, literally whiten your skin. I think it is sooo dangerous, but hey, if you want to lighten your skin for whatever reasons, and have $1,500 to throw around, maybe this is for you, but it comes with many, many health risks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've never understood why people with beautiful, richly colored skin would want to bleach it! I've noticed that many asian skincare sites have all these weird "lighteners." Shaking my head....

YorLooks made the point very well I thought. The psychologically implications of people wanting to lighten their complexion to makes themselves "beautiful" are very, very disturbing.

My background is Mediterranean. I'm not fair-skinned. If I lightened my skin, I'd look ill!

Goodness, look at what Michael Jackson has done to himself?!?!?! Do you want to end up looking like that? Not my idea of beautiful, to be sure.....

For evening out your skin tone, use a combination of AHA (i.e. glycolic acid) and Vit C products. I've had great success with the face care products from bellapelleskincare.com . I can't say enough good things about them. They're a local spa, which is how I found them, but their products contain unusually high concentrations of active ingredients and not a whole lot of other junk. I've been very pleased with the way my skin looks since using their stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My face is becoming black due to continuous sweating & also my lips are becoming black.
There's a new skin care system on the market that is made from pure water. It's for ALL skin types and I think mabey it can help your situation. It's formulated to support maximum cellular hydration and knowing that pure water absorbs better and can protect more thoroughly, this is something you may be interested in trying unless you have already found something better. There are 7 products that all work synergistically on the skin but you can get them separately also. I would recommend the hydrating balancer and the restoring serum. You can read about them at purewater dot page dot tl.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts