Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm new here. I need help on my face please someone was saying how she got her pigmentation cleared with the help of this forum.... I need help, I have a oily face, my chin the both sides have a dark patches looks like malesma, and my teddy side have a dark burn which was caused by a soap I use I slept off with it, it's been on my face for 11 years now I have tried everything but nothing seems to be working.... Please help me thank you.

I also need help with my knuckles, I'm currently using lemon fresh lotion cream that's the only cream that doesn't affect my knuckles but it's giving me green vain, I have dry skin and oily face.

Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don’t have advice for knuckles (sorry) but I can say for facial discoloration, what truly did the most heavy lifting and dramatic results was seeing my doctor /dermatologist and getting a prescription for high strength Tretinoin and combining that with a high strength prescription Hydroquinone blend. Then for maintenance vitamin c serum and a soap with kojic acid or alpha arbutin. Always wear hats and cover your face from the sun even if you feel silly, don’t let your face or skin where you have pigmentation issues touch the sun while you’re actively trying to lighten and ALWAYS wear Sunscreen of spf 70 or higher if you can find it. Also, for the dark make you mentioned. If it’s in your budget, see an esthetician or a dermatologist in your area and request a medium to deep chemical peel. If you have a history of keloid scarring, they may not be able to, but if they can perform a TCA chemical peel, it will be a great starting point for you to begin a new regimen and get serious about covering your face from the sun religiously and your results will be dramatic if you stick to a routine. For me it took years . I’m still not clear of scars but 80% improved in the face.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t have advice for knuckles (sorry) but I can say for facial discoloration, what truly did the most heavy lifting and dramatic results was seeing my doctor /dermatologist and getting a prescription for high strength Tretinoin and combining that with a high strength prescription Hydroquinone blend. Then for maintenance vitamin c serum and a soap with kojic acid or alpha arbutin. Always wear hats and cover your face from the sun even if you feel silly, don’t let your face or skin where you have pigmentation issues touch the sun while you’re actively trying to lighten and ALWAYS wear Sunscreen of spf 70 or higher if you can find it. Also, for the dark make you mentioned. If it’s in your budget, see an esthetician or a dermatologist in your area and request a medium to deep chemical peel. If you have a history of keloid scarring, they may not be able to, but if they can perform a TCA chemical peel, it will be a great starting point for you to begin a new regimen and get serious about covering your face from the sun religiously and your results will be dramatic if you stick to a routine. For me it took years . I’m still not clear of scars but 80% improved in the face.
Thank you very much....I will try the face serum and Kojic acid soap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts