Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!
I'm a 22 year old guy and the problem with my face skin is that I have big pores (I guess), because if I look really close in the mirror, I can see small blackheads that can be pushed out, but they are too many and too small to deal with them all. Most seen they are on my nose and even the cosmetologist couldn't get them out and couldn't tell me how to get rid of them.

She said I have a mixed face skin (dry and moist) and gave me some stuff to use. I use it but it hasn't helped me with the blackhead problem.

Also I have some whiteheads that are capsuleted under the skin. I have to cut the skin to squeeze them out. Not much of a problem, but still, how do I prevent this from happening?

My skin texture is not really smooth, I heard there is a laser treatment which smoothes out the skin. Could this help with blackheads, too? What could you tell me about it? Is it permanent?

About once a month I go to solarium. It improves the look a bit, but I don't want to go too often, because it damages the skin.

Please, give me all recommendations to achieve and maintain a beautifully textured skin.

PS
I'm not gay, just want to look really good

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
What's up with the "PS I'm not gay comment"? Lots of my friends and clients take care of themselves and not a single one is gay. The fact that you mention it makes it suspicious of your orientation. Anyhow, getting back on topic, a proper laser treatment can be pretty expensive, without guaranteed results. On top of that, they can make things worse. I'd start out by taking basic care of the skin with proper products and go from there.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Well........I hate to cook, never cry, love WWII books/hate chickflicks and love to work in the yard and fix stuff around the house. So what?
Oh, and I wear lipstick, so make something of it!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Fawnie - well, you are so strange that we don't even have a "smilie" for your type!

The older that I get the more I hate stereotypes and labels. Hey - did you notice how we just hijacked this poor guy's thread? Too bad - haa-haa-haa. He brought it on himself, I suppose.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, actually that comment was unnecessary. I was searching youtube for tips on skin care for men and found this guy - shortyandmercy and his video "skin care for men".

He looks very good and I would like to have skin like him.

He recommends some products, but I'm not sure they will work the same for me.

What do you think about his recommendations?

PS
I wanted to post the url, but the forum won't let me.

PPS
On a second thought I might be a bit gay, since I find Gackt sexy. But I think I'm more envious on how great he looks...oh well

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
LMAO...well now we're getting to the truth!! J/K

I don't know, Koman, tell us what products he rec and we'll critique them for you!

PS - there are no unnecessary comments here....only unnecessary ppl!!

kidding!

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie - well, you are so strange that we don't even have a "smilie" for your type!

The older that I get the more I hate stereotypes and labels. Hey - did you notice how we just hijacked this poor guy's thread? Too bad - haa-haa-haa. He brought it on himself, I suppose.
Now.....be nice! We are scaring too many ppl away as it is with our radical ideas......

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
On a second thought I might be a bit gay, since I find Gackt sexy. But I think I'm more envious on how great he looks...oh well
I have no idea who this person Gackt is or why it matters here.

I apologize Koman - welcome to the site. You will get some good advice here, I hope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, let me see. Well I don't use much products actually. Since at some spots my skin gets really dry after washing my face, I apply Nivea Visage Sensative balance cream to my all face before doing anything else. This makes my face moistorized and I can do the other stuff. I also tend to wash my face with warm water, then as it is moist, I apply Vichy NormaDerm cleansing gel to my face. In the evenings I should technically apply the bepanten cream, but I haven't done that for a while.

Until now I just hided the red spots or irregularities with make up. I learned to apply it quite well. However, I feel that I want to keep my young looks for as long as I can, so I want to do something that would get rid of those dirty pores on my face and prevent the black heads for reappearing.

I would also like to look a bit tan, but don't want to go to tanning saloons since Ive heard they are not good for skin.

Also, should I wear sunscreen daily?

And how do I prevent circles under eyes?

Quote: Originally Posted by

I have no idea who this person Gackt is or why it matters here.

Just a joke. Since that guy said I'm gay. You can look Gackt up on google images lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh, I just think I found out what my problem is called in English. BLEMISHES! Not a lot of them, but a bit. I still want them all gone and have a perfect, smooth textured, one colored skin (preferably tanned but not a requirement)

Fawnie, help please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TamaraTilvee it looks like you are just spamming your site and not helping. I had questions and you didn't answer them. I don't need your products, I need specific recommendations.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
bepanten....bepanten.....where ARE you anyway? lol I don't know what that is!

If yo are 22 maybe just a good exfoliation routine would help out with the pores to keep them squeaky clean. It sounds like you're using some good products. Keep in mind that hormones have a lot to do with the ups and downs of skin in the 20s.... actually all ages!

Some self-tanners might be nice and blend any imperfections away. Yes, sunscreen is your friend...UVA = ageing. UVB = burning. So sun is the enemy in large amounts in the middle of the day.

Dark circles? Wish I knew! Sometimes it's hereditary. Sometimes related to diet, sleep, allergies, bone structure of the face.... it's a tough problem.

Welcome and I hope we can help!

PS I bet gackt wears A LOT of makeup! The airbrushed kind! No crime, but it's high maintenance! If you are interested, SK -II makes a good one: AirTouch but it's spendy.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in Latvia. That is in Eastern Europe, living in a post soviet country lol.

The correct name was Bepanthen not Bepanten.

I think I'm going to visit my cosmetologist once more and have a good conversation with her and ask ALL the questions, and try to follow the routines this time.

My aim is to look perfect without make up, just naturally young and clean skin.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts

I think I'm going to visit my cosmetologist once more and have a good conversation with her and ask ALL the questions, and try to follow the routines this time.

You wear make up? Sorry I could not resist.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

That sounds good! Please let us know what she recommends for you! I'd like to look perfect without makeup too!

Thanks for joining and having fun with us!! Hope we didn't scare you away....

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote: Originally Posted by periwinkle

You wear make up? Sorry I could not resist.

What else can I do if I have a freshly squeezed red pimple patch on my face? Yes, I wear make up on those occasions. I mask the area not the whole face.

Also, please recommend me something if you have something to recommend.

Quote: Originally Posted by

That sounds good! Please let us know what she recommends for you! I'd like to look perfect without makeup too!

Thanks for joining and having fun with us!! Hope we didn't scare you away....

Yes, ok. I will!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts