Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Lancome for a couple years now and i don't see much different in my skin even thought i have been eating clean and healthy food with alot of water. I'm thinking of changing to a Doctors brand like Derma-Rx.com
Is that a good choice? Any advise is appreciated. Have a good one. Thank u.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe a dermatologist can recommend something according to your age and skin type ... otherwise there are loving people like me who have healed their own skin (after frustration with dermatologists ...lol) by going in the ******* and making their own brand and then selling it to people who are disillusioned with commercial brands with empty promises - you mainly pay for the packaging for some of them.

Look for products that are pure and natural that are packed with goodies. There are some lovely ladies on this forum who know a thing or two as well. Perhaps lurk the archives?

Good luck!

Lulu

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a tiny white spot on my skin under neath my eye... my sister said its a tiny fat deposit--i hate it--looks liek a small whitehead--does anyone know how to get rid of this? does it hurt if i go to a dermatologist to have it removed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You might want to try some natural skin care recipes - I've been using home-made facials for a while now and totally hooked! I'm a confirmed product junkie but I've found these home recipes are 10 times better and 10 times less expensive! I'm so into it now that I've posted a bunch of recipes on my Natural Skin Care website - I can't put the link in this post because of admin restrictions, but if you're interested send me an email.

Here are a couple of standard recipes that I use often:

Gentle Yogurt Cleanser & Exfoliator - take a spoonful of plain yogurt and squeeze a slice of lemon into it. Stir it up and apply to your face and neck. Let it set for a minute - if you have the time, let it dry for 10-20 minutes, rinse with warm water and moisturize as needed. This is especially good for dry, combination or mature skin types. Oily skin types should use non-fat yogurt. You can also add a bit of honey for extra moisturizing.

Lemon and Yeast Facial - take a spoonful of Active Dry Yeast and add enough lemon juice to make a paste. Apply to face and let dry. Rinse and moisturize. Good for all skin types, but especially oily and combination skin.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
They are most likley caused by any eye cream or makeup you are using in that area. They are called milia (whiteheads). You can have them recomeved by an esthetician (if she's a good one) or a drematologist can removed them using a lancet. It does not hurt. It will take a few visits most likley because milia is usually stubborn to get out. Using the right products for your skin type wil help prevent them in th future as well as exfoliating 1 to 2 times a week depending on your skin type.

·
Registered
15 Posts
socal310, you say you've been using lancome for years and seen no difference, what problems are you having with your skin?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you live near a Sephora, you can see if they sell the product there and ask for a sample.

Everyone has a different skin and different experiences with skin care products. Samples are the best way for you to know if the product is for you.

Gisele

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! I had something similar for 2 years. Yes I went to a beautician and she used a very tiny needle, just the tip and she didn't poke it but scratched gently and this opened the top and then she extracted it (always use tissue not to break the thin cell layer of your skin!). It never came back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts