Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound like an oxymoron or hypocritical but what face wash does not dry skin AND prolongs skin getting oily later? I have used several face washes in different ways (less/more cream, twice/once a day, lather on hand/face, etc.) but none seem to help both causes.

I can usually find face washes that lessen the drying skin factor but I find my skin to get really oily fast (if i wipe my forehead/nose/cheeks/chin with a napkin, you can see the oil). I know genes or whatever makes me have these qualities but is there any product to help this? I'm a college male if that helps.

What is the BEST face wash product that doesn't dry skin AND prevents or prolongs oily skin so I can get through the day without thinking about my semi-shiny face half the time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
I like Neutrogena Anti-Stress acne cream wash. The container is orange and gray. The pink grapefruit foaming wash prevents oilies but it has also made my skin dry and tight.

Tea Tree oil washes have also been recommended on this site. I hear that there is one from the Body Shop that works well. I was quite content with Desert Essence's Tea Tree oil foaming face wash for years. It smells clean but manly
I got it from the health food store for about $7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Right now I'm trying the Vivier skin care line, it has pharmaceutical grade ingredients, I buy it at my doctors office....I've only used it a couple weeks now so I will let you know how its going in a month or so.
Avoid Proactiv, I had disastrous results with it...it made me break out worse, and with those giant, under the skin craters. I had never gotten them before. Tried to get my money back, but they are impossible. I was told to keep using it, but after a few months I was itchy, dry and flaky, and my forehead and jawline was covered with craters. I started Proactiv to cure a few breakouts a month, and got 3 months of terror instead. Wouldn't leave my house, not even go to the grocery store or gym....yes, it was that bad!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
576 Posts
Yeah...I had a bad experience with ProActiv too. Spiraljetty...you should tell your horror story on the ProActiv vs. Murad thread. I think it is under Acne.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,662 Posts
I think DL is spot on. When I first read the thread title, I know that a cream cleanser would be indicated for your skin condition. I like the clean and clear cream cleanser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
I find clear & clear cream wash good for oily skin. It leaves the skin clean and fresh after every wash without over-drying. I've been using it for 3years now and very happy with it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
does it help with the acne though? i mean it can help with the dry vs oily part but does it clear up your skin? cuz if it does then omg what a miracle...lol and i know it has to do with your genes and what not but still...lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Right now I'm trying the Vivier skin care line, it has pharmaceutical grade ingredients, I buy it at my doctors office....I've only used it a couple weeks now so I will let you know how its going in a month or so.
Avoid Proactiv, I had disastrous results with it...it made me break out worse, and with those giant, under the skin craters. I had never gotten them before. Tried to get my money back, but they are impossible. I was told to keep using it, but after a few months I was itchy, dry and flaky, and my forehead and jawline was covered with craters. I started Proactiv to cure a few breakouts a month, and got 3 months of terror instead. Wouldn't leave my house, not even go to the grocery store or gym....yes, it was that bad!
I'm using Vivier too i purchased the hexam gentle cleanser and b5 liquid moisterizer which i like.Which products did you purchase? What's your skin type?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,065 Posts
******Oil Cleansing method*******

Castor and jojoba
Castor and EVOO(olive oil)
Castor and sunflower
With Castor being 30-40% and the other oil 70-60%

Or you can buy a ready made, like DCO from Deep Cleansing Oil, Facial Cleanser | Skincare | DHC

Or Lumene Life Touche Cleansing Oil DAILY CLEANSING - Lumene

Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...ido_/Cleansers

My understanding is that the ready made wash of better...

Here is a thread on OCM, good tips from experienced members http://www.skincaretalk.com/diy-skin...ecipe-ocm.html
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top