Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here

I get very oily skin and until now I've been able to control the level of oilyness. I had been using The Body Shop's Seaweed Exfoliator which really worked wonderfully, keeping my skin fresher and oil free for longer. It's now getting to the point where it isn't having the same effect and half way through the morning I feel the urge to wash my face again. The oil leaves me feeling dirty.

Can anyone recommend a fash wash, preferably a scrub or exfoliator, that might be able to help me?

Thanks

x

·
Registered
94 Posts
It seems like the harsher the cleanser the oilier the face gets (sooner). Maybe it opens more pores up and/or the skin react to that by increasing oil production. I would suggest taking a supplement called Panthothenic Acid (B-5). It works within, helps clear ance, and helps in decreases sebum/oil production.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The product you were using may have lost its effectiveness because your body was growing immune to it, most products are like that. I'd definitely go with lansing by trying to take care of the problem internally instead of using face washes that may never completely solve your problem

·
Registered
881 Posts
hi mai. i dont any suggestion for a face wash for you although do you have acnic skin?

oil control.. if you want to keep your oil under control because of the production through out the day, keep a small microfiber cloth with you , you can sweep the cloth over your face and it will pick up the oils it works really nice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your responses

I will definately look into working from the inside and getting a microfiber cloth

It just feels so frustrating that after a couple of hours you feel dirty. I don't work in an enviroment where I am able to wash my face every few hours. Let's see how I go

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think African Black soap would help, it did dry out my skin. It gives that squeaky clean feel. I think it would be perfect for more oily skin types. You can do your own research on it to see if you like it. You can also try DDF Brightening Cleanser, it is VERY drying so I think that's perfect for very oily skin types. It has glycolic and salicylic acid to soften and smooth the skin. Also has natural brightners in it.

@Lansing-Good point. If a cleanser is too harsh, it can trigger the skin to compensate by making more oil. So, maybe a gentler cleanser would be the approach but at the same time, isn't oily skin genetic...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
My skin is very oily too. I am liking simple facial wash gel for the moment which is soap- free and free from harsh chemicals , thus, does not irritate my skin. You can check their website or do a google search from more details. The plus points are that simple skincare range is readily available in the UK and cheap too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
My 2 favorites are Bionova Bio Act 1
BIONOVA
It melts off the grime and sunscreen gently.

and Jan Marini BioGlycolic Cleanser. Has glycolic acid but is gentle enough for dry and sensitive skin.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
tell that to those acne prone people who are too afraid to use an oil cleanser b/c it seems wrong, please, oil cleanser are the best thing to get all dirt, grime, and sunscreen/makeup off and it can be too drying sometimes as you experienced, so did I but instead of it leaving me dry it just instantly loosens the dead skin cells from Retin-A usage and they roll of by themselves with a gentle massage.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
57 Posts
tell that to those acne prone people who are too afraid to use an oil cleanser b/c it seems wrong, please, oil cleanser are the best thing to get all dirt, grime, and sunscreen/makeup off and it can be too drying sometimes as you experienced, so did I but instead of it leaving me dry it just instantly loosens the dead skin cells from Retin-A usage and they roll of by themselves with a gentle massage.
So true. I've got acne-prone, combo skin (oilier in the summer) and a cleansing oil is the only thing I use to cleanse my face with, unless I have makeup on and then I use a second foaming/cream cleanser just to make sure everything gets off. Mine is a little drying but I like it because it does a thorough job of cleaning (especially around the bridge of the nose area) and allowing other products to penetrate better. I use Kose Seikisho Perfect Cleansing Oil. I have my skin problems pretty much under control, and so I know that it doesn't cause breakouts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts