Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My skin tends to get oily fast throughout the day. By midday, I can gently wipe my face with a brown-colored napkin (like the recycle ones) and you can see all the oil soaked up. However, sometimes after washing my face, my skin dries up.

What brand and product should I get that helps skin that gets oily fast but doesnt dry the skin immediately after washing the face? Hopefully something that I can get at a supermarket.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I like THIS one.

The whole Effaclar line is great for treating oily acne-prone skin without overdrying it which can cause rebound oiliness. It isn't that expensive since it is effective and only a small amount is needed. Don't waste your money with the supermarket brands.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Have you tried Cetaphil for normal to oily skin? It works great for those with oily skin. Blotting your face through out the day is a great thing to do too, and you are using the perfect thing, a brown napkin. Try the Cetaphil, you can get it just about anywhere.

Cetaphil.com - Products - Daily Facial Cleanser

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by jlynn

contact me for a sample you will loveit!free.

not allowed!!!!!!!!!! Please read the rules!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I would suggest the oil cleansing method. It will balance out the pH of your skin and make it soooo soft. It's simple to make and works extremely well.

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
You can trying Karin Jerzog Professional Cleanser, great reviews, all good for you, deep cleans but doesnt dry it out, its not an ordinary cleanser and a pearl sized goes a long way.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I totally agree with Fawnie on La Roche Posay's Effaclar line. It truly is an amazing product and at an excellent price. I remember when it was an unknown product and a sales rep came in and I was curious so I took some samples home and gave it a whirl (I have the same problem as yourself with acne, oil and then dry/dehydrated skin)...well, I was very impressed so impressed that I landed a job as a saled rep for their company about 7 years ago. I no longer work for them but the product is great!

I also like just using Johnson's & Johnson's Clean & Slear for Sensitive skin. It's cheap and does not dehydrate my skin like other products...Clinique's liquid soap is excellent as well!

Remember to always moisturise even though you are oily. This is what a lot of the naturopathic methods are based on such as what edensong was describing. Treat oily skin with oil to re-establish a normal PH. Not all oil is bad for oily skin.

I hope this is a bit helpful

Good luck!

·
Registered
502 Posts
...Clinique's liquid soap is excellent as well!
This liquid soap dried out my skin even before I left the shower!
The Oil Cleansing Method is awesome. I follow with a cleanser tho. I don't just use the oils. I need the feeling of squeeky clean but now its squeeky clean without the dry tight feeling that immediately follows. I'd been using African Black Soap that I got from Sheanmore.com. The stuff works great, even on your hair and the rest of you. It smells natural, it looks terrible but it works great!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
aphrodite, it's a combo of a couple oils, one being an astringent oil like castor, grapeseed or hazelnut. Do a search for OCM or oil cleansing method and you'll find several threads about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks edensong! I found the DIY: oil-cleansing-recipe-ocm (I can't put the link in yet, I havent made enough posts)

I am always scared of using oils on my face when my skin is already oily and prone to breakouts... So this should actually help with my oil problems?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I second Eden and Catseyes. Try the OCM. I made the switch and LOVE it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
This liquid soap dried out my skin even before I left the shower!
The Oil Cleansing Method is awesome. I follow with a cleanser tho. I don't just use the oils. I need the feeling of squeeky clean but now its squeeky clean without the dry tight feeling that immediately follows. I'd been using African Black Soap that I got from Sheanmore.com. The stuff works great, even on your hair and the rest of you. It smells natural, it looks terrible but it works great!
janeeee999,

I am so sorry to hear that the the Clinique dried you out. I can understand that happening though because if I do not apply my serum and moisturizer soon after, it can get tight but I think having severely oily skin like myself, I really want that 'squeaky clean feel'.

The DIY OC sounds like a good idea. I had tried Dr. Haushka's oil cleanser in the past and was not impressed whatsoever but making your own gives you a lot more freedom to control what goes in. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My skin tends to get oily fast throughout the day. By midday, I can gently wipe my face with a brown-colored napkin (like the recycle ones) and you can see all the oil soaked up. However, sometimes after washing my face, my skin dries up.

What brand and product should I get that helps skin that gets oily fast but doesnt dry the skin immediately after washing the face? Hopefully something that I can get at a supermarket.
Sorry, I don't mean to highjack the thread I was just trying to think of something that you can get at the supermarket...sometimes there are organics and holistics sections in the store. I am pretty sure you can get Clean & Clear for Sensitive skin there and I know in my supermarket, we have essential oils and organic soaps.

I am not sure I would purchase my essential oils from the supermarket though because I am not certain that they are as pure as they claim to be, but you never know?

Another cleanser that I heard was good was Enydrial's Anti-Drying Cleansing gel. I am not sure if the supermarket would carry that one though.

Good Luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts