Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently seen on utube Carol Maggio & her facial exercise programs she seems like she has been on some reptuable programs and if the pics are real the before and after effects are dramatic.

I begain doing one exercise but suppose they r meant to be done synergistic. I am getting her book from the library before buying it and i am unsure if it is a placebo effect but I think I see a difference from the one exercise.

Sure different ppl have different opinions - any thoughts on her program?

Thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Fawnie,

Will do on letting ya know after I pick up her book & do them correctly & consistently & will also check out the links u provided & the fact that u have seen successful results brings a bit of confirmation.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently heard the following information about these "facial excercises"...

because of the way the skin is attached to the muscles (directly) it is impossible to excercise the muscles without causing stress/wrinkles to facial skin. You can't just plump up the muscles without affecting the skin in the process. I may not be wording this well, but you get the point. It doesn't work, in fact, can be counterproductive

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I recently heard the following information about these "facial excercises"...

because of the way the skin is attached to the muscles (directly) it is impossible to excercise the muscles without causing stress/wrinkles to facial skin. You can't just plump up the muscles without affecting the skin in the process. I may not be wording this well, but you get the point. It doesn't work, in fact, can be counterproductive
Welcome. Dont believe everything you read. Including what I say.

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Don't believe anything you read on this web page, or, for that matter, anything you see me write, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Periwinkle...I hear ya! I've been in this business since the 70's and have "heard" it all!! Anyways, thanks for the "welcome". I was not primarily in the skin care end of this business, so I have a lot of education to catch up with now that I am doing facials. I am looking for forums and places in which to learn what's going on now.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Welcome skincareproffesional !
I've heard it too, but never saw it in written. Let us know if you ever find something negative about it!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I think Deb, the formulator of FlexEffect can explain it better than I:

Facial Exercise: Straight answers to frequently asked questions.

and also Annette from Ageless if you Dare:

Louise Annette - Hello, Welcome

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and I have been doing exercises for nearly 2 years and see excellent results in plumpness of the cheeks, firmness of the neck area, lifting of the eyelids and general well-being of the skin.

Peri is right: you have to form your own opinion after researching it yourself, and trying it if you are brave!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I started doing some of CM's facial exercises I saw on the internet last year as well as others I've picked up along the way. I do think they help, with sagging particularly, if you are consistent about doing them.

I also think they can create new lines depending on an individuals face and the elasticity of their skin. With the CM "scoop", and "nose push" exercises I saw the marionette lines I was getting fade. But I also new lines developing around my mouth from making the repeated motions. I quit doing "the scoop" and modified "nose push" and some other exercises by keeping my tongue on the roof of my mouth. Works better for me. I think it's important to practice facial exercises in front of the mirror so you can see where your skin is stretching and how to correct that if need be.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You are so right LLucy. We are each different and react in our own particular way to the exercises, which is why it's important to monitor your progress and adjust the exercises accordingly. You get the hang of it quickly and the forums for both programs are a wealth of help and great support as you go!

Glad to hear you are doing well with them LLucy!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fawnie,
I keep a small mirror next to my computer to remind me to do them. I'm pretty good about it when I'm reading skin care sites lol!

The downside is I look at my face much more than I'd like to and that can get depressing. Sigh.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would gladly pay someone to do the exercises for me..

I have 3 programs + a couple of books, and they are all collecting dust somewhere among all the useless gadgets I acquired..

Why oh why can I not get motivated to do the bloody facial exercises?...Glad you asked..
... Because I'm a lazy slug, hate exercise in all forms, and just know that I could never commit to something that I had to do almost every day forever more.. ICK!

I love reading that it's been so successfull for some.. Awesome!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yikes! I see I have been labeled a fanatic! Not sure if I find that so flattering??

Can't believe I've made over a hundred posts, I still feel like such a newbie.
A wordy newbie apparently.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yay on you LLucy for FANATIC status!!! Just wait til you get labeled a SENIOR!! That will sure make your day, eh?

Kassy, OK for $19.95/day I will come to your house and whip you into shape! Please send airfare and I like down pillows please.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fawnie,
Senior??? Oh now that's an incentive to keep posting.

Susan how about changing that to something a little more...I don't know, less age-related? I'm already not liking the term post-menopausal - I don't want to be rushed into seniorhood any sooner than my driver's license says so.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
For a few days I slacked off the facial exercises/massages and WOW! THAT was a wakeup call!!

Fortunately it isn't taking long to get back to where I was as far as tautness and lifting. The eye area was looking pretty scarey and droopy. That area is one of the first to respond to exercises and it looks like it's also the first to lose tone if the exercises are stopped. Proof to me that they work.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
For a few days I slacked off the facial exercises/massages and WOW! THAT was a wakeup call!!

Fortunately it isn't taking long to get back to where I was as far as tautness and lifting. The eye area was looking pretty scarey and droopy. That area is one of the first to respond to exercises and it looks like it's also the first to lose tone if the exercises are stopped. Proof to me that they work.
Quit being a slacker there fawnster-you are supposed to be our role model-

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Well, uh oh....we're all in trouble now!
<---don't you just wish the poor little guy on the right would flatten the bully on the left??
Lol!! Yes thats me on the left-

1 - 20 of 43 Posts