Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was searching for facial exercises, and I would be afraid of pulling on the skin, see what I mean.....................

Relax your eyebrow area and then place the three middle fingers of each hand directly under your eyebrows.

2 Drop the palms of your hands flat against your face.

3 With the pads of your fingertips directly under your eyebrows, push your eyebrows upwards and slightly outwards.

4 Hold your eyebrows in this position with your eyes open.

5 Slowly push your eyebrows down against your fingertips while holding your eyebrows high, and hold the contraction for five (5) seconds.

6 Remove your hands from your face.

7 Breathe in deeply through your nose, and exhale through your nose.

8 Repeat the exercise again. This time hold the contraction for ten (10) seconds. At the seventh second, close your eyes, keeping your eyebrows held high.

9 Remove your hands from your face. Breathe in deeply through your nose, and exhale through your nose. Begin again, holding the contraction for ten (10) seconds and closing your eyes at the seventh second. Repeat the movement again so that you have exercised for a total of thirty-five (35) seconds.

This exercise begins to “awaken†your forehead, concentrating on the area above your eyebrow to the hairline. Initially, you may see a line develop over your brow when you first perform this exercise - THIS IS TEMPORARY and a clear indication that your forehead has lost its firmness.

-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Chelsie, I can understand your concern. Believe me, I had the same misgivings! But I have noticed that the lines are being plumped up and flattened out by the increase in tissue from the exercises. The skin becomes firmer and more resilient. Have you noticed any changes since you started doing that exercise?

Here is another thread about exercise and massage that you might be interested in:

http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...ng-volume.html

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Chelsie - Thanks for posting the exercise. I am adding it to my list.

I had been doing some of these facial exercises for awhile, mostly from videos posted by folks on Youtube. Then Fawnie came along and started sharing a couple of programs that she's been using with great success.

I finally broke down and got the FlexEffect program and have been doing the basic workout for a week now (I started last Friday). It involves a series of stretching exercises on the different muscles on your face and neck. But it isn't just stretching randomly. You are also applying some resistance. So you are extending and contracting the muscles in a way that will restore lost tone and build them up. This is the way that I understand it anyway.

Well, after just one week I have to say that I am amazed the results. Last year I lost 60 pounds, which means that most of me looks great, and I feel wonderful, but I ended up with sagging on my face that I never had before. These exercises are helping to raise/plump-up my cheeks (among other things) so that the sagging is already starting to lessen. I also have wrinkles on my forehead and brow that I am hoping will at least lessen once these muscles are rebuilt.

I have always been an exercise fanatic so I am fascinated by the prospect of building these facial and neck muscles. In addition to the exercise that you posted, I highly recommend the eye exercise and the "kiss the sky" exercise that Fawnie posted on this site (do a search for them). Both have given me results, which is why I went ahead and bought a program.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm really glad you're seeing some results Mireckca! It doesn't take long to notice a change does it? And good on ya for losing 60 lbs! auschezeichnet!!!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
And good on ya for losing 60 lbs! auschezeichnet!!!!!
Thanks. It was all extra weight that wasn't on for very long so it didn't take that long to get rid of - only 4 months of diet and exercise. So I'm hoping that the skin didn't entirely forget where it belongs! This experience did remind me of the importance of a healthy lifestyle, which I have been able to maintain.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fawnie: no I just saw this online while I was searching for lip plumper, I never tried facial exercises before. I will try your from your other post. thanks

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Fawnie: no I just saw this online while I was searching for lip plumper, I never tried facial exercises before. I will try your from your other post. thanks
Yeah girl! Do it now while you are still young and you will never know the ravages of Time! (that and Retin-A, vit c serum and sunscreen and good nutrition and general well-being!!)

Skin | care | talk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts