Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
interesting to read of other women that have this problem, i had electrolysis done for years to remove the facial hair, then when i started to go into menopause it all came back, now i tweaze or use the epilator on the chin, but as one person said, that causes bumps on the face,

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Have you considered getting laser hair removal? A few zaps & the problem is GONE.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi Issy bella and welcome. That has been an age old problem throughtout time, wax, tweeze depilatories, lazers, now you can even sand it off....At least in this day and age we have options.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Can chemical peels help with facial hair?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had both laser and electrolysis.

I purchased a laser package that guaranteed all hair would be disappear or you could continue the treatment at no charge. I think my initial package was 8 treatments. I ended up going to about 15 and then the place went out of business (no wonder). It was supposed to be the best laser available at that time (2006). The hair was back within a year and I was shocked to find out through research that this is not unusual and that laser is not considered 'permanent'. I never would have spent all that money if I would have known this in the first place. I also ended up with some skin discoloration on my upper lip. Every time I went in the sun it would turn brown and was very noticeable and very unattractive. It took over 2 yrs to go away completely.

I've been getting electrolysis for the past year with MUCH better results. It works on blonde hair as well and no laser works on blonde hair. I do get some ingrown hairs on my face which drive me nuts and are very unattractive. Very bad for me because I'm a 'picker'. But all in all I think it's a way better investment than laser.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can use Vaniqa along with the electrolosis if we you wish to have longer times between treatment. That what my doctor recommended me. I didn't use it though cause my problem decreased when I stopped using certain skincae products. Btw, what products are you using on your face. I wrote about this in another thread titled facial hair update

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had laser hair removal on my face (and underarms) two years ago and am very happy with the results. I have had only one touch up. I'll be ready for a second come this summer. I find that I need touch-ups about once a year and this is to just clean up a few stray hairs that have popped up. But...the initial treatment was 6 treatments at $300 per session. Doing the face alone would be less expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Shave!
I've been shaving my face every-night for years. They say it will come back thicker but that's just not true. Or, maybe it does...I wouldn't know because my face is always free of hair. I did the electrolysis, laser, hair bleaches, plucking...shaving is the fastest, easiest and best...for me!!
Plus I think it does a bit of exfoliation which helps my skin products to penetrate. I use Likas soap to shave with...works great!!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Try threading. I have facial hair too which is annoying but I have learnt how to do threading which saved me from the regular trips to beauty salons!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts