Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were to suggest two of your favorite facial oils to use when massaging the face what would they be and why?.....is it the firming benefits, glowing etc. Please let me hear before I start massaging my face!

·
Registered
958 Posts
I would go for the lightest oils like rosehip oil or perhaps almond oil. They are both good and not too costly to use a lot of. I go for the thin oils because I want them to absorb fast and my skin is oily enough as it is. These oils have shown to improve skin well. You could add oils like pomegranate oil and other seed oils like blueberry or raspberry, but they are very expensive and are perhaps best left for the cream or added to a facial oil. After a facial massage it can be enough to wipe it clean with a damp cloth and leave just enough oil to nourish skin.

On the other hand there are several things that indicate that creams and lotions with lots of ingredients are much better for the skin than only pure oils. It is these type of complex skincare products that really show they can do something for the skin, improve wrinkles, moisture balance, plump up the skin and nourish it. Pure oils tend to disturb skin's natural protective layer of lipids and acids and make it vulnerable to our surroundings.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. I was wondering the same thing---if facial creams may be better than oil. I have a facial cream I like w/ lots of peptides in it and I may just use that instead. my face is very oily by itself also!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have very oily skin already but i've been using a little EVCO on the corners of my eyes and the laughlines as well. Having oily skin in my youth was a big problem but later on proved to be a blessing as I still have relatively smooth and tight facial skin even in my 40s.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Kiera,

My two favourite oils are: Apricot Kernel Oil and Almond Oil.

Apricot Kernel Oil helps skin to retain elasticity, clarity and suppleness. It has a high content of vitamin E and penetrates the skin easily leaving it smooth and soft.

Almond Oil is an excellent emmolient oil which benefits dry and sensitive skin.

Best wishes,

redrose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts