Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 inch scar from playing basketball on the side of my cheek. It is fairly superficial.. no stitches needed, but still darkened up. Now there is a dark line on my cheek. It's been about 3 weeks now. Is there anything i can use to help fade this annoying mark on my cheek? Will it fade naturally? Thanks for ur feedback!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 1 inch scar from playing basketball on the side of my cheek. It is fairly superficial.. no stitches needed, but still darkened up. Now there is a dark line on my cheek. It's been about 3 weeks now. Is there anything i can use to help fade this annoying mark on my cheek? Will it fade naturally? Thanks for ur feedback!
You need to consult your dermatologist immediately as to what best course of action you need to do to avoid that from becoming a permanent scar. But right now I suggest you need to boost your vitamin C and vitamin E intake as these two vitamins aids in cell regeneration fast. So better open the fridge now and eat all the organic foods for a week or two focusing mainly on vegetables and fruits but also use tea tree oil on the scar area as this is also very effective in healing the scars.

But there's one face cream product that really works in just 7 days!

YouTube - Ponds Flawless White Drama (Full)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Personally, I don't think you need to see a dermatologist for a scar. They usually don't care about superficial things like that, they care more about actual skin problems like skin cancer and other serious ailments, at least here they do in Ontario where the province pays for health care.

The scar will naturally lighten, just give it time and use the vitamins above and use CICAPLAST by La Roche-Posay designed to help the skin recover from post-laser therapies (or instances where the skin is damaged and need speedy recovery).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Be sure to use the vitamin supplements, but stick to a basic skin care routine in which you are cleaning you skin daily with a moisturizing soap, use a moisturizer and protect your skin from the sun. If you have healthy skin, then try the simple things first to help your skin heal & function normally.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi agymfreak. Assuming that it was a clean, normal wound, it will fade naturally... providing that you don't have any cicatrisation problem. 3 weeks is not enough time to fade a scar like that, so you'll just have to be patient! Now, if you're especially concerned about it, just try some make-up on the affected area... it's not a sin, you know ;-)
Kathleen LeRoi

·
Registered
53 Posts
You need to consult your dermatologist immediately as to what best course of action you need to do to avoid that from becoming a permanent scar. But right now I suggest you need to boost your vitamin C and vitamin E intake as these two vitamins aids in cell regeneration fast. So better open the fridge now and eat all the organic foods for a week or two focusing mainly on vegetables and fruits but also use tea tree oil on the scar area as this is also very effective in healing the scars.

But there's one face cream product that really works in just 7 days!

YouTube - Ponds Flawless White Drama (Full)

This is by far the best advice! Good luck!

·
Registered
22 Posts
DO NOT USE MEDERMA.

Drink a lot of water eat healthy and go outside, those are probably your best chances of having it fade outside of plastic surgery. I havent had plastic surgery done myself but it's a chance.

All over the counter creams and home remedies do nothing. I have not seen a successful before and after pictures besides self promoters (or affliates) who edit the pictures in photoshop (it takes literally 5 minutes to do).

·
Registered
224 Posts
He's right, scar creams don't work. Ask any doctor or dermatologist, they will tell you that scars can not be treated with creams.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a facial scare too, it is on my forehead ... I think you have to live with it as scare creams most of the time do not work ...

For me it is not a problem having it, it is just a way to show that you are enjoying life!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have a facial scare too, it is on my forehead ... I think you have to live with it as scare creams most of the time do not work ...

For me it is not a problem having it, it is just a way to show that you are enjoying life!
What a beautiful way of looking at it!

Time will fade scars too. I have two deep scars from my pre-teen years on my left leg and right now I am admiring how they are barely there anymore. It is actually kind of sad because they do tell a piece of my life story. TRUST though ... I do understand how they can be frustrating and in some cases traumatizing

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have a scar on my forehead that I got through a fall. At the time I thought it was the end of the world for me in my teen years. Then I started to wear bangs or my hair over the scar -- I became more interested in hair styles than the scar. I wanted the scar removed a couple of year's ago but I was told it would involve surgery and stiches which would leave me with another type of scar. The old scar is part of me, I'll live with it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Our "battle scars" make us more interesting for sure. It is easy to get carried away with looking perfect. But it can be so liberating to accept yourself and just focus on the little things you can control.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Agymfreak

Your skin should heal itself so that over time your scar will become less visible. In the meantime 2 products that you can use which should help are - Cllarins Face Tratment Oil Santal for dry/extra dry skin, use before going to bed and you will notice the difference in 2 weeks, and the other Dermablend foundation which will do a good job in covering the scar whilst it heals. Their range of colours is vast so you should definitely be able to get a match for your skin. Although Clarins products tend to be on the pricey side you will find that they last for a long time as a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Agymfreak

Your skin should heal itself so that over time your scar will become less visible. In the meantime 2 products that you can use which should help are - Cllarins Face Tratment Oil Santal for dry/extra dry skin, use before going to bed and you will notice the difference in 2 weeks, and the other Dermablend foundation which will do a good job in covering the scar whilst it heals. Their range of colours is vast so you should definitely be able to get a match for your skin. Although Clarins products tend to be on the pricey side you will find that they last for a long time as a little goes a long way.
Hi Chalfont,

can I use clairins face oil to treat my acne scars? also, I've got oily skin.
Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Pumi

Clarins facila oil does help to heal scars eg I had a scar on my hand where I burnt it whilst cooking and I used this oil and the scar has gone. However, i think it may be worth discussing with the beautician at the Clarins counter before you buy. All I can say is that it has worked for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts