Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always thought that all the creams and treatments we apply on our face makes the face age faster than the skin on your body. Have you ever wondered why the body doesn't get wrinkles like the face? And it's not sun exposure, I've spent every summer in the sun as long as I can remember.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
The first place stress shows is in our face. I also think the skin on our bodies is not a major factor in our lives like our face. I do not focus as much on the skin on my body, other than applying sunscreen and body lotion. The first thing I do when I get up is feel my face. I never get up and feel my arm or legs to see how they feel. Then the trips to the bathroom. I look at my face, touch my face, etc. Plus I think our body skin is thicker than our face therefore the wrinkles start to show sooner-

Depressing subject, can we forget about it-

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
The face has a much richer blood supply which on the one hand is lucky as it is easier to resurface a vascular area and there are more anti-aging procedures for the face. The body skin ages, that is for sure and only now are people starting to treat the body more often. I think when you consider that through ALL your life your face is OUT there it is a lot to do with environment. Most of your body is covered at some points even if minimally.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my daughter is just starting to use anti-aging products and shes 24. I want to yell STOP even though she has watched me buy the same products 1000 times at Sephora. I think if I had it to do over I would just use sunscreen and get deep cleaning facials a few times a year.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there,

The body does not get wrinkles in the same way as the face can because the face uses lots of expressions. Also our bodies are not on display as much as our faces.

You say you're spent time in the sun but don't say if you protect your skin with a SPF sun-cream.
When the sun shines it liberates free radicals. These effect the collagen in the skin and cause the collagen in the skin to become stiff and inelastic. The skin becomes to look 'old'.

Sunlight also triggers a chemical called 'arachidonic acid'. This acelerates skin aging.
My regime, which has resulted in my having no wrinkles, is always to protect my skin wherever it may be exposed, be it on my face or body,

Warm regards,

redrose

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well preserved body,
But rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
but with a perfect smooth botoxed face
totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO what a ride!"

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
"WOO HOO what a ride!"
Sorry if this is tacky but I just cannot help but think...ANNA, ANNA, ANNA, ANNA, ANNA NICOLE...

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
"WOO HOO what a ride!"
This is great!! I love it!! I don't see anything about drugs, so..........I don't think of Anna Nicole Smith????

Rather, a woman who lived a great life!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Life is a journey and we should all enjoy the ride. Im forgetting about the botox though. Nothing is more scary than an expressionless face... eeek!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts