Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fair and Handsome - a cream that smooths skin and lightens, released in India.

Um, so I just wanted to make a post about this. Bring attention to it, get opinions, or experiences, whatever. I searched here first, didn't see anything on it. I think it's relatively new. I wonder if it works on other skin types? Okay. Well that's it.

edit: okay so I can't post URLs because I'm new. Just google "fair and handsome" to see the youtube commercial and/or site if you're interested.

edit2: okay, can't post pics either. well, it's a cream.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Saw the offensive & coersive ads already. Unilever Hindustan ought to be ashamed. There is nothing listed in their ingredients list to support the implication in their ads that you can lighten radically using their creams.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Pervasive is more accurate. Their ads prey on racist ideologies, colourism & the insecurity of vulnerable women (& now men too!) who can scarcely afford their ineffective products

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I agree. It seems like the ad try to presuade people to buy their lightening products with suave words instead of explaining what's in it that actually makes it work.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Does it transform you into a movie star or a screen goddess like the ads imply? Do you suddenly get expensive western clothing & a private jet? I wonder about the legal limits on advertizers in India. They make a similar series of ads in Indonesia too. The weirdest ones are in a series like a soap opera! People in India are beginning to voice their objection to the tactics used by Unilever (the same people peddling Dove 'real beauty' in The West).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that stinks but thanks for pointing that out about the ingredients ondine. I feel like it evens out/smooths skin tone a small amount, but I dunno yet. Need to give it a few +weeks, maybe...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You can get better results for much less $$ & not contribute to the revenues derived from this company's outrageous & insulting ad campaign.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts