Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
How many lighteners are you plainning on using?
I see you started a thread for 10%hq and another for hydroquinone/Retin A.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Likely as many as he/she sees fit. It appears many people are exploring options. Do we really want to know how many? Otherwise we could jump to the thread about skin-lightening history and product used thus far.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
One lightening product is enough along with Retin-A, everybody just gets excited and wants to put as many products as they can but then you'll have a washed out, pale/sick, blatantly bleached look, why would you want that? Go steady with one product and you'll have results faster than experimenting, stopping, layering different products at once. Results come within a years worth of time and considering that it is only a year out of your entire life to achieve your goal color, its not worth rushing.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
208 Posts
One lightening product is enough along with Retin-A, everybody just gets excited and wants to put as many products as they can but then you'll have a washed out, pale/sick, blatantly bleached look, why would you want that? Go steady with one product and you'll have results faster than experimenting, stopping, layering different products at once. Results come within a years worth of time and considering that it is only a year out of your entire life to achieve your goal color, its not worth rushing.
Understable, but one cannot help but reading the numerous posts about the benefts of F&F; and in many cases, used by RA/HQ users.

Thus, I can understand the confusion and eagerness to try a new product. Heck, some members have been strictly staunch anti-monobenzone crusaders who turned around and began using the product against which they crusaded, only months later.

So, I am simply noting that the boards can (obviously) become a bit overwhelming to the inexperienced observer. Along the same vein I say, what of it? Many HQ/RA users are also sampling F&F products.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
yes I believe from experience ONLY ONE FF products yields measurable results the 5 xf and I recommended it to those who have used the HQ/RA for a couple of months without much success or those who want their stubborn pigmentation gone. This would be a great product for Karennanev's problems, she ordered it and I am waiting to hear her success story. So I give this particular product a "thumbs up".

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
As for the "monobenzone crusaders" I believe those people had the benefit of doing heaps of research and having family members with vitiligo to advice them AGAINST its use for cosmetic purposes but I have no idea why they continued with it anyways. That lead to other members on the forum following in the monobenzone footsteps.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
208 Posts
As for the "monobenzone crusaders" I believe those people had the benefit of doing heaps of research and having family members with vitiligo to advice them AGAINST its use for cosmetic purposes but I have no idea why they continued with it anyways. That lead to other members on the forum following in the monobenzone footsteps.
Thank you, LNL

I would imagine that even the most seasoned researcher might think that he/she might unearth undiscovered, state-of-the-art techniques and protocols that would render such a caustic product effective, in the absence of medically documented and diagnosed vitiligo.
Then there are others who would not fathom the risk, based on a myriad of factors.

Such is what makes the forum boards so intriguing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
yes I believe from experience ONLY ONE FF products yields measurable results the 5 xf and I recommended it to those who have used the HQ/RA for a couple of months without much success or those who want their stubborn pigmentation gone. This would be a great product for Karennanev's problems, she ordered it and I am waiting to hear her success story. So I give this particular product a "thumbs up".
Are you talking about the F&F for the body??

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yes the 5XF Gel.
In another thread she posted she just received it, but is going to stick to the hq/ra since it's starting to work for her again.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yes the 5XF Gel.
In another thread she posted she just received it, but is going to stick to the hq/ra since it's starting to work for her again.
Hi again everyone, yes I have decided to stick to the HQ/RA on my face. What a difference a week makes. Such a simple thing as a tiny amount of HC cream mixed in with my HQ during the day has made an enormous difference. It took me two months and a lot of grief on and off to discover this but right now my face is looking so much better than it was a week ago, and probably better than it has for years! Just because it is so calm and comfortable now during the day. All the redness has gone and so it is much fairer. So I have to repeat to all of you who have just started their HQ/RA regime, despite what I said in my post a week ago, IT DOES WORK!!! I still have a lot of sun damage which I see in my bathroom first thing in the morning, but after my HQ/HC, my invisible zinc and my pure cornstarch powder my face looks so calm and fair. When my face looks like that first thing in the morning with nothing on it, I will be very happy and will have reached my goal. I am now very confident it will happen. It may take many more months but that's OK with me.

As for the F&F 5XF, I received it yesterday. Only 5 days after I ordered it! I have decided to use it on my arms first and then my back. I just thought I'd concentrate on getting my face fixed first and then work on my body but the idea of getting rid of the sun damage on my arms nice and fast with the F&F is very exciting! I put it on today for the first time and will let you know of my progress. My first impressions are that it is a lovely silky texture, smells nice and a little goes a LONG way. Once my arms are fixed, I will start on my back. The rest of my body is fine thank goodness.

Thanks for getting me onto this LNL and Nikkicute. I'm sure it will work for me

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
karen, I know u still want to stick with the RA/HQ, but do u think there is any way for u to start using the 5xf on your face at least once a day for the next month to see an improvement, please? I really wanted it to work to completely get rid of the sun damage on your face.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How many lighteners are you plainning on using?
I see you started a thread for 10%hq and another for hydroquinone/Retin A.
umm... i started the 10%HQ thread cuz i was going to use that for my body,
i started the ra/hq thread to state that i'm taking a break from it cuz i got irritation on my body.
right now i'm not using anything actually cuz everything ran otu and i'm planning on on ordering some ra/hq on sunday.
i just wanted to sample the ff for my face to see how it works.
soooo in conclusion, i'm not planning on using multiple lighteners at a time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thanks Manay!!
Good luck with the hq/ra routine.
I'm on the Fair and Flawless/Retin A routine

(facial lightening cream, not the gel).
Adding Retin A seems to makes any lightener even better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This reminds me of Body White gel but probably not the same ingredients. I know it works though and doesn't cost an arm, leg, and your first born.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
karen, I know u still want to stick with the RA/HQ, but do u think there is any way for u to start using the 5xf on your face at least once a day for the next month to see an improvement, please? I really wanted it to work to completely get rid of the sun damage on your face.
Oh LNL, I want to do it just for you
. I trust your advice implicitly! Do you think it would really be that much faster? I thought I'd wait to see some results on my arms and if I'm really impressed, then use it on my face. I'm very tempted to try it tonight, though. Would once a day at night be enough to still see dramatic results? And as I have RA cream, I'd have to layer it, right?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
leave the RA, use the FF every night as early as you get home after dinner with the fam and leave it on till you wake up in the morning, stick with it for a month, all hte acids have the same exfoliating effects as RA and guess what? NO PEELING and NO REDNESS!!!! just lighter skin every morning
. I trust myself too giving you this method, infact I am so confident that if you dont see measurable/noticeable results in one month then I wont bug you anymore.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
leave the RA, use the FF every night as early as you get home after dinner with the fam and leave it on till you wake up in the morning, stick with it for a month, all hte acids have the same exfoliating effects as RA and guess what? NO PEELING and NO REDNESS!!!! just lighter skin every morning
. I trust myself too giving you this method, infact I am so confident that if you dont see measurable/noticeable results in one month then I wont bug you anymore.
OK, you have talked me into it! I have to admit I'm a bit nervous about stopping what I was doing, but I trust you! I cleansed my face and put on my F&F about an hour ago. I love how it feels after it dries. Silky and no greasiness at all. Do you think I should use it in the day too? I really want this to work as fast as possible now that I'm doing it

I guess one thing I'm worried about is getting used to this and liking it and then having to pay for it forever, as opposed to the super cheap HQ/RA method. Do you think after the sun damage is gone, I could safely switch back? Or would I repigment? Thanks LNL

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
LNL, You may have missed this one above. I have been using my F&F morning and night now since Sunday, with no problems at all. My face feels extremely smooth and silky. How long do you think before I see some lightening?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts