1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Yeah, I read F&L had some other ingredients added to the mix that they are not supposed to use. I have seen many of the commercials on Youtube and they are mainly using a bunch of psychology instead of listing what's in it to make it work.

·
Registered
192 Posts
havn't they swtiched to ayuverdic elements recently? but F&L made in India has diff ingredients than one made in UK ( or USA). anyways i'm surprised that ppl still use it when there r so many better choices around.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ppl use it because of the relatively cheap (compared to high end European & Japanese creams) price & the vague promises in their repugnant ad campaign. They 'suck people in' (esp women) by making them feel ugly. they encourage women to alter their skin tone to please some racist guy who ignored them when they were darker (barely). It is sexist & racist & I'm glad to see Indian women (& a few men) beginning to speak out against them.

As for 'Ayurvedic', this has become, in the East like the word 'natural' in the west: a meaningless 'buzz word'. If ayrvedic medicine really had formulations that lightened skin significantly (let's say from a Fitz V to a III) there's be nobody remaining in the East with a skin tone they don't like, Ayurvedic formulas may brighten (just like many white women used buttermilk, cucumber or lemon etc) but they won't really do much for most people. The 'natural/ayurv.' market is grossly unsupervised & no one knows just how many (% age-wise) 'natural' agents a product must contain B4 it can be labelled 'natural'. Labels can be so confusing! Something that contains a bunch of natural extracts, might also contain a host of chemicals that negate any possible effects the natural agents might have. Natural, too, does NOT mean safe: many lethal poisons are extracted directly from nature be it plants, fish or animals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts