Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read and heard that doing specific exercises for different areas of your face help to tone and keep wrinkles at bay.anyone any good tips and does it really work

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I have used Facersize intermittently
for years and if i do it religiously it does make a huge difference. You can buy a book and do it at home in front of the mirror - but not in front of anyone as the faces you pull will be hilarious!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again many thanks. I been using some of those natural remedies you sent me, the vinegar in the shampoo/conditioner and it really works,and i've bought some ingredients to make a face mask so will let you know how it works

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Cyndi,
Here's an exercise that will show you some good results in a hurry.
Don't know what your concerns are, but the eye area is an area that responds very quickly to facial exercise and can give you a feel for it.
Don't forget to massage your face thoroughly after the exercise to help the circulation and thicken the skin so it isn't "papery" and old-looking!

Looking straight ahead in a mirror, place your curved index fingers along your upper orbital bones, just under your eyebrows. (your fingers will make the shape of a loose "C")

Lift up the eyebrows with your index fingers while you squeeze your eyes shut, pulsing 5 times.

Hold your eyes shut to the count of 6 (holding up on your eyebrows still)

Open the eyes slowly to the count of 3, still holding up on your eyebrows.

Repeat.

Do this everyday!

Another good one is "Kiss the Sky", but the neck takes much longer to show improvement, so keep at it!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hey fawnie you got any good tips for frown lines, or dehydation on the forehead that has given me some faint fine line, thanks!!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hope so, cost me a fortune to get shipped over but done it on slow shipping for this once, found one english website that might import the green creams for me too, they do sell is clinical youth serum, but not sure about green creams yet, if i can save money on import fees gonna try too at least, but so far no luck!! Especially cause my boyfriend has awful skin so trying to sort him out as well as myself, bless his cotton socks lol, thanks!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
What's all this about Green Cream? Does it come in different colors? Is it just for St. Patrick's Day? Or is it strictly for frog-friendly folks?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
What's all this about Green Cream? Does it come in different colors? Is it just for St. Patrick's Day? Or is it strictly for frog-friendly folks?
haha mireckca! No, it's a retinol cream that is better tolerated than most and comes in different strengths, alto all the same color: green. Doesn't make your skin green, sorry if that's what you're looking for!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
That would be a fun one!!

Just wondering and prob silly question but is there a difference between rose oil and water heard it can be good for hyrdarting the skin?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
That would be a fun one!!

Just wondering and prob silly question but is there a difference between rose oil and water heard it can be good for hyrdarting the skin?
Here is some info re: rosehip seed oil from a very good supplier, MountainRoseHerbs.com:
Organic Rosehip Seed Oil Profile

It's one of my favorite oils and doesn't leave a greasy look. I spray my skin first with mineral water then massage in a couple drops (no more) of this oil.
It has lots of benefits!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Fawnie. As usual your working wonders for me.my eye lids are starting to sag and skin is quite thin and because of this i don't wear makeup very often as it ends up in the crease!!!! i,m interested in that other exercise Kiss the sky
exercise too if you don't mind sending me it every little helps at my age,i'm also very interested in the Green cream but know it can't be got in UK so will have to work on that one

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Cyndi!

I hope things are going fine for you! Green Cream IS available outside the US, although S&H fees might be a bit steep. Here's two places that ship it:

Green Cream Skin Care - Buy Green Cream at DermStore
Green Cream High Potency Retinol

"Kiss the Sky" is an exercise to tone up the neck and throat so we don't get "turkey neck". It goes like this:

Sit up straight. Tilt the head as far back as possible.
Holding on to the base of the throat to keep the skin of the throat taut, smile with the lips closed and stick the chin up to the sky. You will feel the throat muscles and skin tighten if you are doing it right. Hold for count of ten.
Repeat 10 times every day.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You can not get it in Uk as I found out unfortunately, I got my one off derma store website!! On a slow ship for $20 dollar to UK!! Hopefully will be worth it!! Fawnie though I have been wondering can this make my skin thinner than what it already is and If so may be I should see my DR before starting on retinol cream as am bit worried about whole fragile skin thing!! Thankyou!!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Skin Care Myths and Misconceptions: Retinol vs Retin A

This website should answer your questions better than I!

Retinoids thin the outer, horny layer- the stratum corneum, of the skin. That's the layer you WANT to thin. It actually thickens the dermis, which is where the wrinkles live. You WANT to plump it up there.

It makes your skin more prone to sun damage at first so you need to wear a block of at least SPF30 and it has to be a good UVA/UVB block. The European ones seem to do a better job, so you are in the right place! I like La Roche-Posay and Avene!

The Green Cream board can answer your questions if you have them when you start out!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 67 Posts