Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if any of you have ever used this cream. A really good friend of mine swears by it. Her natural colour is perhaps that of lauryn hills. She has been using the same stuff for years now and she is probably more yellow that beyonce.

She recommended it to me but since the product seemed a bit dodgy (no ingredient list) I've never used it. However my cousin was brave enough to try it and in less than 2 months (saw her yday) she has probably gone 4-5 shades lighter. I think maybe even more as she looks like she has some caucasian in her now.

I was just so stunned and there has been no side effects for either of them. I am still dubious about it and our local beauty shop sells it for about £4-5. I have checked the internet for more info of this product and where it's from but all I have is pics from vendors. I will post it up as some of you might recognise it.

PS....errmm it's not made by the FASHION FAIR we know.

http://baiyulan68.en.alibaba.com/pro...AIR_CREAM.html

·
Registered
670 Posts
Does that, also, say "Made In A Lebanon Free Zone"? Those tubes like that, which have 'fast action' on them are, a number of times, linked to toxins.

As soon as I saw that photo, I, 'INSTANTLY', thought "STEP AWAY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should do some googling on that product and company.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm with Goddess on this one. I got a baaad vibe so I checked it out. The company producing this stuff is in China. They also make toothpaste, shampoo & soap etc. Nowhere do they list the contents of this cream. Since we know what DOES work, why resort to these dodgy products?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fashion Fair has the same ingredient that dermovate, movate... I think, the ingredient name it is clobetasol. I do not think that it is healthy. It does lighten really quick, i have a girlfrriend who mixes it with her lotion.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Clobetasol propionate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Possible side effects:

Acneform eruptions
Allergic contact dermatitis
Burning sensation
Cracking and fissuring
Cushing's syndrome
Dryness
Erythema
Glaucoma
Folliculitis
Hypertrichosis
Hypopigmentation
Itching
Irritation
Miliaria
Numbness of fingers
Perioral dermatitis
Pruritus
Secondary infection
Skin atrophy
Skin maceration
Stinging
Striae
Telangiectasia

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
thank god hte new york heat wave went away, hope it stays like this for a while, cool and breezy, i hate it when it gets like it did a week ago, hot, humid, muggy and worst of all you could feel your skin condensating ugh.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Vananners! Thank you for that post. It scared the living crap out of me. It sounds typical of those steroid/mercury compounds. I had to reread that list.

-Cushing's Syndrome? Glaucoma? Skin Atrophy???

NoooWaaay!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask if any of you have ever used this cream. A really good friend of mine swears by it. Her natural colour is perhaps that of lauryn hills. She has been using the same stuff for years now and she is probably more yellow that beyonce.

She recommended it to me but since the product seemed a bit dodgy (no ingredient list) I've never used it. However my cousin was brave enough to try it and in less than 2 months (saw her yday) she has probably gone 4-5 shades lighter. I think maybe even more as she looks like she has some caucasian in her now.

I was just so stunned and there has been no side effects for either of them. I am still dubious about it and our local beauty shop sells it for about £4-5. I have checked the internet for more info of this product and where it's from but all I have is pics from vendors. I will post it up as some of you might recognise it.

PS....errmm it's not made by the FASHION FAIR we know.

FASHION FAIR CREAM Manufacturer exporting direct from China

Its so strange that they use the name fashion fair.. as that is the name of a popular ethnic line of cosmetics. I DO know that fasion fair sells a fade cream but it comes in a much different looking jar and its HQ 2% as far as actives...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I know what you mean, PinkMoscato: the Fashion Fair makeup etc. out of the USA. These are definitely not the same people. I checked the product monograph for clobetasol. It is a strong synthetic steroid used for certain inflammatory conditions. Used under a Dr's supervision, it is suggested NOT to use for more than 2 weeks because of the high prevalence of severe side effects. Imagine slapping this on 2x/day for 4 months? BAAAD Idea.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm sure they cry all the way to the bank!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought so! I mean medication with no ingredient list is just something I am extremely aware of. I just have to convince my friends now to discontinue it. As you might guess, that would be extremely hard since they have already seen results. I might just print up this page (if you lot don't mind) in order to show them how dangerous this stuff is.

Made in china!! They imply on the tube that its made from an italian pharmaceutical company apparently! Bloody liars eh?

Thanks again for your helpful responses.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Please show them Vananners' post. If that doesn't put the fear of the gods into them, nothing will. What they are referring to as 'results' are actually SYMPTOMS!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Guys plse dont be desperate to lighten too quickly. This can come with a cost. Permanent skin damage. Mercury is a no no. Also note when u put on what ever lightening cream your skin will let u know if its good or bad. Red itchy or stinging, throw away. You should feel comfortable in wat u put on.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Its so strange that they use the name fashion fair.. as that is the name of a popular ethnic line of cosmetics. I DO know that fasion fair sells a fade cream but it comes in a much different looking jar and its HQ 2% as far as actives...
Oh, so this isnt the same as the one made from the Fashion Fair company? The one that I used was the Vantex Skin Bleaching Creme for my acne spots 2 and a half years back with the Hq 2%. I don't know about this other product?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts