Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
No, not at all, that thing builds the wrong muscles and makes your mouth sore . I've never heard anyone like it.
This is FlexEffect:
Facial Exercise: FlexEffect Facialbuilding - the last word in facial training.

There is a DVD if you are a visual learner, a book that gives a wealth of info not just for exercise but for skincare, and a CD for doing them by memory once you get the hang of it.
Fawnie do you use both LA and FE?? which do you prefer or find most effective

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Ok thanks Fawnie. What's the name of the FacialFlex DVD?
Dude, it's called FLEXEFFECT! not facialflex!! LOL
The website has the DVD and book and CD for sale. I paid $70USD last year.

Lydia, I use both programs. Depending on how my face looks or how much time I have. I change it up to keep my face guessing! You wouldn't do the same exercises every day for your body, so I mix it around for my face.

I started with FE and got good results but it did take several months. It has the most exercises and explains in great detail what you are doing and why.
Ageless is best for cheek building, and that's what I'm after right now! It's an intense program but only targets a few muscle groups.
With both you get results if you are committed and follow the directions.
Then Lea Eigard is great for jaw firming and neck. So you can get a feel for them and customize your workout.

It really isn't that High Maintenance...I do them as part of my am routine at the ******* table having tea and it takes about 30 minutes including massage - sometimes longer. God forbid anyone should see me!

HTH and sorry to run on and on!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Great breakdown on the facial exercises fawnie..

Can you explain a bit exactly how you do your massage, and if you think it really is of benefit?

Do you do the pinch + roll technique, and if so, are you grabbing just the skin, or the muscle as well?

Thanks Toot's!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hey toots!

Yeah I think the massage firms up the skin and thickens it, esp the undereye area. And it increases the circulation bigtime. Don't you think so too?

For the massage I grab the skin and what I think is the dermal tissue and underlying fat. Not just a little weenie pinch but a good grab. I pinch, roll, pluck, pat, slap, grab. I don't twist - that's too much IMO. When I do the exercises tho I grab the muscle, esp with LouLou's cheek exercises.

Which program do you do, toots?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey toots!

Yeah I think the massage firms up the skin and thickens it, esp the undereye area. And it increases the circulation bigtime. Don't you think so too?

For the massage I grab the skin and what I think is the dermal tissue and underlying fat. Not just a little weenie pinch but a good grab. I pinch, roll, pluck, pat, slap, grab. I don't twist - that's too much IMO. When I do the exercises tho I grab the muscle, esp with LouLou's cheek exercises.

Which program do you do, toots?
I've been a very bad girl, and haven't committed to any.... YET.

I abhor exercise in all forms, and just lose interest after a couple of weeks.. I have FE, Ageless + Facial Magic... I believe they all have merit, but I agree with you that FE is the most comprehensive..

I am seriously going to find the time to get into a few times per week of facial exercise.. Me's thinking the 14 FE exercises on Deb's DVD, and for sure the FM neck + jaw.. Depending on how that goes, I would also like to do a few of LouLou's cheek blasters..

I'm just so darned lazy to get started... I do enjoy doing the massage though, and usually manage it a couple of times per week.. (Haven't noticed anything one way or the other though.)

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
OK, toots, think of it this way: you wake up, have a beer....er no I mean tea and protein shake....brush your teeth and do your face routine. Don't give yourself any wiggle room whatsoever. Just do one thing after the other. Before long you will not feel complete if you haven't done it. Being OCD, I need a set routine!

If you make exercise/massage a part of your routine you won't even think about it, or think of excuses, you'll just do it. That's true about everything healthy, isn't it? And it's self-fulfilling...once you start seeing even an inkling of a result you will be hooked and want to do more!

Now if I could just get my butt to the gym each day....

Skin | care | talk

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Haha Krazy, it's like body exercise! Why wait? If you start young you can maintain that firmness that much longer. Wish I had known when I was 20! Hell to the YES I would've started then!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts