Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to lose about 50 pounds. However, I don't want to loose it by doing something boring like running. I want to do some fun exercise. So, does anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
357 Posts
How about swimming or a workout class at your local gym? My gym offers classes like kick boxing, tae bo, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Swimming is a great exercise for loosing weight and for overall body fitness. It works all the muscles of your body. And it's FUN!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hunt rocks and gems - that means climbing mountains, hiking deserts, climbing into and out of canyons -- and carrying a backpack that can get just darned heavy! But I have fun (and a 23 inch waistline at 52).

The gemstones are just a bonus. Hahahaha.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
btw, mango, I'm just curious--how did you find out about skincaretalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
dance it off.. moves all part of your body!.. and raise your arms more because study shows that this will make your life longer..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a bicycle for my birthday this summer. I love it. I used to walk which I think is a very simple yet very effective form of exercise, works a lot of muscles

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can use Liquorice for losing your weight instead of boring exercises because Liquorice has been shown to reduce body fat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are all kinds of fun things to do and even soothing ways like yoga. There seems to be a great way these days... check out the "bodyforlife" challenge. Winning money is my favorite way to lose weight!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I need to lose about 50 pounds. However, I don't want to loose it by doing something boring like running. I want to do some fun exercise. So, does anyone have any tips?
Kickboxing/Aerobics is great! Especially if your class uses mobile punching bag. Gets the stress out too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My boyfriend subscribes to thetruthaboutabs.com and forwards the emails to me. They said in there to not spend so much time on the treadmill ( my friend calls it the "dreadmill") you need to be sure and exercise your largest muscles in your body to continue to burn fat after you stop. So they suggest doing more squats and lunges as the quadriceps are our largest muscles. So that is what I am doing and then just doing maybe 20 min. on the treadmill and doing spurts, like I will walk regular for 2-3 min. then bump it up a lot for 1 min. then slow it down just a little for 2-3 min. then slow for 1 min. and start over again.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!!

Lynne

1 - 20 of 200 Posts