Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been terrible at putting on sunblock everyday. Probably because all I have is those sunblocks lotions designed for the body and it is just to greasy and heavy to put on my face everyday.

What is your favorite facial sunblock?

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Mine would probably be Shiseido Extra Smooth Cream. It has SPF 30/PA++ and a couple of other versions with SPF 36/PA+++ and SPF 38/PA+++. They are all the least greasy and most comfortable sunscreens I've ever used.
There is also a lotion version for both face and body, but it has more alcohol in it and I don't really like that on my face, but when I used it, it didn't irritate or dry out my skin, I guess they compensated the drying effect with some nice moisturizers.
They all are white and wet at first but when they sink in, there is no trace left and they don't make me shiner like most sunscreens do. I don't need a moisturizer under it, it's like a 2-in-1 product.
They all have Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide and Octinoxate in them in various %, depending on SPF and PA. I would love to kick out octinoxate, and replace it with something more stable, but it better than Avobenzone or Oxybenzone, for my skin, that is.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nothing this time of year! Living in the midwest is at least good for something...saving your skin from oct-april b/c its too cold to go out side!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
My personal favorite is Anthelios 60 Melt-in with CELL-OX
La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Melt In Sunscreen Lotion Reviews at SkinStore.com
It truly does melt in and leave no trace. No greasy and can be worn beautifully under foundation or by itself. Has Mexoryl to stabilize the chemical sunscreening agents.

If you are only interested in physical sunscreens here is one that is gentle on the skin:
Devita Solar Protective Moisturizer 30 -- 2 oz - Vitacost

If you are unsure about sunscreens here is some good info:
Skincare Central-All About Sunscreens

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
222 Posts
So far has to be Invisible Zinc SPF 30+ from Australia, it's physical sunscreen with zinc oxide as the main ingredient, hence it's physical sunscreen means less irritating for me as I cannot wear high SPF chemical sunscreen.

Invisible Zinc™

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
They have a new product Environmental Skin Protector SPF 30+, it has 20% Zinc Oxide. I want to try it badly, but I have too much sunscreens already.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I am going to get Environmental Skin Protector SPF 30+, when Tinted Daywear SPF 30+ finished.
I use the ESP one at the moment and love it. I have the plain one which does leave a VERY SLIGHT whitish cast, but I like that because it tones down the RA redness. One thing I can easily get off the shelf here in Australia, too

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Should just be 25% zinc oxide. Nope never tried it. Thinking about it though.
Wonder why no spf #?
Oh no are we trying yet another sunscreen????? K peri and fawnie, just tell me when and where.

Fawnie I want to try the one you had mentioned worked as a great primer. Started with a S and I think LnL girlfriend used it too-does this ring a bell?

Also......your Macy's has a great department full of goodies for the face, hair, skin, vitamins, etc. do you know what I am talking about? I have NEVER seen that kind of department in any other Macy's before. I have in Nordstroms, but never Macy's. I liked it alot-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh no are we trying yet another sunscreen????? K peri and fawnie, just tell me when and where.

Fawnie I want to try the one you had mentioned worked as a great primer. Started with a S and I think LnL girlfriend used it too-does this ring a bell?

Also......your Macy's has a great department full of goodies for the face, hair, skin, vitamins, etc. do you know what I am talking about? I have NEVER seen that kind of department in any other Macy's before. I have in Nordstroms, but never Macy's. I liked it alot-
SOFINA? but the ppd is only around 8. that's terrible! It has talc and silicones which make it a good primer, but pretty wimpy really for a SS unless you only plan to wear it for running from car to cave and back.

Yes Macy's in Chgo on State is awesome! It used to be Marshall Field's flagship store when Field's was still in business....a Chgo landmark! At Christmas, State St is all lit up and decorated and you can buy roasted chestnuts on the corner and hot buttered rum..OK off topic for sure!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts