Skin Care Talk banner

41 - 60 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have heard a lot about the Chanel scents but have never tried them. I may have to find a sample kit and try them one day. I love perfumes heavy with the amber.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oooh, fragrance! I *love* fragrances! I had to stop wearing them for a few years, then after clearing out a pile 'o toxins from my system, I'm good-to-go again. Yay!

Current faves: Lolita "L"; Marc Jacobs; Prada Amber. I also adore a discontinued Body & Bath Works light fragrance, "Brown Sugar & Fig" -- alas, my hubby is now terribly sensitive to fragrances, and cannot tolerate the BBW ones.

I find eau de toilette doesn't last on me, for the most part, but eau de parfum or parfum itself, does really well. The exception is the Brown Sugar & Fig. It lasts really well, much to my hubby's sneeziness...

ETA: Sampling/testing is also a requirement for me, LOL, often, fragrances will smell great in the bottle or sprayed on a piece of card stock, but once they're on my skin for 45 minutes, I smell like I've annointed myself with bug-dope/mosqitoe spray.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
what gets put on first?

perfume or body lotion.i have been putting the perfume on first and then applying thr lotion and i think i'm getting more lasting results.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is there a method to having fragrance last on the skin? Not necessarily layering, but just the eau de parfum or parfum itself?

Lately, I tried and really liked both Brit and the original Burberry fragrance. Both were eau de parfum and neither lasted long on my skin at all.
I decided not to purchase either one due to not lasting very long --- I tried each of them several times, on different days. Or perhaps my nose just didn't "smell" it very well? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I have really dry skin so for the fragrances that I love, I'll collect everything in the range and experiment.

If it's something rare/old without a range of lotions, soaps, deo etc, I start by moisturizing with Cetaphil then apply the edp or extrait.

If it still doesn't stick well, sometimes i'll find out the base notes, then use a teeny tiny bit of one or two of the notes under the perfume.

Ones nose gets accustomed too and the perfume might seem to fade but it hasn't really. EdT never stays on me so I just have to reapply.

...Also the Annick Goutal (I love EdHadrien) and L'Artisan Parfumeur never last on my skin for long no matter what I do.

The best I've found so far for sillage and holding power are the extraits & edP for Chanel, Guerlain (old stock pre-reformulation), Caron, Piguet and Madini oils...

the YSLs (I still like Opium & Rive Gauche) are good too.

Yes, I'm totally perfume-obsessed!

·
Administrator
33,648 Posts
I have the same problem. They all seem to evaporate quickly on me.
Goat some perfumes don't last on me either. But I have never had that problem with any of the Chanel perfumes. They last me all day. If you go to the Chanel counter they will gladly give you samples. I actually got one with my new Chanel Chance. It is a roll on sample and perfect to throw in your purse. A roll on sample,........someone is actually getting smart with these samples.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
for winter morning I prefer "fleur oriental" Miller Harris
for winter nights I use "nuits Enchantees" Laura mercier

At summer morning: Kenzo Summer
At summer nighits: "pure white linen pink coral" estee lauder

·
Registered
419 Posts
Stella has been my signature scent for two years....I might have a new favorite now since I received Prada' Infusion D'Iris for Christmas... This scent has a very clean smell. Not too flowery as it has hints of Sicilian mandarin and Florentine Iris. Absolutely beautiful!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have that but with the blue butterfly and WOW does that stuff smell great. I haven't tried the pink one. Get compliments on the blue one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm a Coco Mademoiselle junkie - I love that stuff. It just smells classy and delicious to me.

I like Paul Smith as well. And Gucci - Envy Me.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I had a sample of Armani Code from Sephora and put it on yesterday and walked into the ******* my husband practically attacked me
he said WHAT is that smell and I told him a sample of Armani Code and he said BUY IT NOW. tee hee so I did...............like I need a good excuse for another perfume.

41 - 60 of 146 Posts