Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this procedure for lifting the jowl/lower face? I'm considering it, but don't know anyone who has tried it. Dr. advertising in local newspaper caught my attention.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad about the procedure. The suture with barbs that is used becomes imbedded in the tissues and if it needs to be removed is nearly impossible without causing a great deal of harm to the face.

I have heard that it can cause puckering of the skin. Please read THIS

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I talked to two plastic surgeons about this and they both stressed the fact that you can get the suture "showing" afterwards, and puckering at the ears where you *may* have to get skin removed. I decided against it since it's such a new procedure in the plastic surgery field. I'll just wait a couple of years to have my lift. lol My neck needs one badly! No feather/threadlift for me.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This girl has done the featherlift, she shows all her pictures
Feather Lift With APTOS Threads To Cheeks - With Gail Humble, M.D. | Yes They're Fake! Patient Journals

I heard bad things too, but I found this :

UPDATE! Improved Technique and Product!
There is now a thread type and technique using the same concept but, in my opinion improved, called the Contour Lift. The barbed polypropylene threads are now clear for less visibility in patients with thinner skin, and each two threads are anchored together via a surgeon's knot. The technique allows for less slippage, longer lasting results and less visibility.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks fawnie & Mariepop. Maybe I'll just get a new *******. lol. I already had a facelift, but it was 20 yrs ago. It did last, but now I'm 65 and while the glycolic peel is making my skin look good, it is still sagging. Maybe I'll go back to original surgeon and see what he suggests.

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
Has anyone tried this procedure for lifting the jowl/lower face? I'm considering it, but don't know anyone who has tried it. Dr. advertising in local newspaper caught my attention.
I am all for advertising. But when it comes to a plastic surgeon, I would NEVER go to one that was advertising in the paper. To me, that just means they are in need of work, and this is why they need to advertise. Plastic surgeons YOU need to shop for. Get several consults.

I read the ads for plastic surgeons in my local paper, and can tell you they are not ones that have a very good reputation.

Just my own humble opinion-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I haven't tried this, too scary, but I am using the Genie RF 100 & have had great results for my skin & sagging jowls.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow you guys are amazing, is there anything you don't know about. Scary stuff, I don't think that I would do this I am too much of a wooz.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
thanks fawnie & Mariepop. Maybe I'll just get a new *******. lol. I already had a facelift, but it was 20 yrs ago. It did last, but now I'm 65 and while the glycolic peel is making my skin look good, it is still sagging. Maybe I'll go back to original surgeon and see what he suggests.
Nurse, wow if you got good mileage out of a facelift 20 yr ago, you're due for another one now!! Taking care of your skin no doubt has helped you get the most out of it!! Have you tried facial exercise to see if you can't eke out a few more years?? If you build up the cheek area (one that loses volume and show as ageing, the rest of the face lifts!!

Please take a look at some of these programs:

Facial Exercise: FlexEffect Before/After Photos A Must See.

Louise Annette - Hello, Welcome
(Has a free video for you to try on her site)

Lea Eigard - Chin Up Facial Exercises
I love this chin-up exercise the best!!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fawnie, 2 things...first I hate exercise, but I think I might try the exercises. The second thing is how do you give thanks. There are so many people I keep thanking, but I don't see how to do it so people get credit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts