Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a bit of wrinkles on my forehead, not necessarily too much, just enough to be visible to the human eye when looked upon closely; and I don't want it to become any worse, is there anything I can do to stop it? Any cream or some sort of skin care product I could use? Also, the same thing with my dark circles, I was an excessive crybaby when I was a toddler and it came back to haunt me with super dark circles around my eyes at all times, everyday. Suggestions and ideas please. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi what I use to hide (what wrinkles I have left in my forehead is Tri-Akiline (deep wrinkle filler) It's a line filler, it works great and you can pick it up at most beauty counters (cheap) works great lasts all day. (I use dermabrassion (at home kits) as well as strivectin DS to attack those wrinkles! Some swear by retin a and Vitamine C serum( you can find that recipe to make for yourself at home on this site ) Since you've had those dark circles under your eyes for a while now I bet they are hereditary I know mine are, the best you can do is find a good concealer, I use white eye shadow and blend it into the inner corners of my eyes, and for some reason this works , no need to pack on the concealer. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Lazaru,

Once forehead wrinkles are established, I'm afraid only Bo-Tox can rid you of them, despite advertisers' fantastic claims.

Use a sun-cream to prevent further skin-damage and an oil at night.

Dark circles can be minimised with either of these methods:

i. Soak cotton wool balls in witch-hazel and lay them on the under eye area for 20 minutes.

ii. Place a steeped, chilled chamomile tea bag under each eye for 10-20 minutes in the morning.

Hope this helps,

Warm regards,

redrose

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
No you don't need botox to remove the forehead lines!!!! You need to find products that work for you, and you alone! I've had a wrinkled forehead for approx 15 yrs, (that's what happens when you marry Mr.Wrong!) And the last four or five years they've gotten much more "pronounced" Some will say that it's impossible to remove ther wrinkles, but I know for a fact it is possible. I'm doing it!!! I do my dermabrassion once a week, then I use Strivectin DS 3x a day. I used to have 3 angry lines going across my forehead, now I have one "blurred" barely there line. Between my brows I had the number 11, now barely a one! I barely have any crows feet left, You'd have to be up in my personal space to see any (and you'd probably have to squint!) The thing is that not everything works for everybody, You've got to find what works for you and you alone- not what works for someone else! That is why when I go to the beauty counters I always ask for samples a couple at a time, then if I notice a difference after a couple of days of use, then I might purchase.

Just keep tryin' there is something out there for every skin type, to me it's a hit and miss thing!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Wow mony, great information, very encouraging, you are just fab!!!!!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Why thank you, but I just wrote what I've done and experienced for myself. By trial and error- that is how we learn......I just went through....many, many errors before finding what is right for me!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I love Alpha Derma CE peptide antiaging cream from Janson Beckett. It reduced my wrinkles very quickly, within a few weeks. I continue to see improvement everyday as far as skin texture and elasticity is concerned. I've been using it for 5 months now and I'm thrilled to say my skin has never looked better in the last 10 years.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Hi Lazaru,

Once forehead wrinkles are established, I'm afraid only Bo-Tox can rid you of them, despite advertisers' fantastic claims.

Use a sun-cream to prevent further skin-damage and an oil at night.

Dark circles can be minimised with either of these methods:

i. Soak cotton wool balls in witch-hazel and lay them on the under eye area for 20 minutes.

ii. Place a steeped, chilled chamomile tea bag under each eye for 10-20 minutes in the morning.

Hope this helps,

Warm regards,

redrose
Hi redrose-

You say you use witch hazel under your eyes, is this for dark circles?? I have never heard of this before, but will definately give it a try if dark circles are ever an issue for me. Thank you!!

I too am a believer in botox for forehead wrinkles. Works great, and is worth every penny to have a nice smooth forehead. Plus my botox works anywhere from 6-8 months. When I first started it only lasted 3-4 months.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi gymrat

Hi redrose-

You say you use witch hazel under your eyes, is this for dark circles?? I have never heard of this before, but will definately give it a try if dark circles are ever an issue for me. Thank you!!

I too am a believer in botox for forehead wrinkles. Works great, and is worth every penny to have a nice smooth forehead. Plus my botox works anywhere from 6-8 months. When I first started it only lasted 3-4 months.
Yes - witch hazel can be used for dark circles under the eyes. Incidently, according to some research, dark circles under the eyes is hereditary and not lack of sleep.

So based on research by 'Doherty, Van Tine and the Editors of Prevention Health Books 2002', witch hazel and chamomile are top of their list when it comes to treating those dark circles.

You could also keep them hidden by covering them with a yellow-based stick concealer. Yellow neutralizes pink, red, and purple hues in the skin.

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Even though some people may like doing botox, what about the adverse side effects some people get from botox!!!!!!!?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Even though some people may like doing botox, what about the adverse side effects some people get from botox!!!!!!!?
Oh for goodness sakes, we are all adults and obviously make our own decisions. There are pros and cons to just about everything in life. Some like peels, some don't, there are side effects in doing them. Some like Latisse/Lumigan, some don't, once again, there are side effects in using them.

If you don't like something, don't do it!

Common sense goes along way.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I agree with Gymrat! "there are pros and cons with everything in life these days. Every decision you make, you have to weigh them, good or bad. It's a personal decision, what a person is willing to do, wether it be botox, or use tar on your face. Maybe I would use botox if I had the money, and knew more about it. The only thing that is important to me is that I make, an informative choice.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Oh for goodness sakes, we are all adults and obviously make our own decisions. There are pros and cons to just about everything in life. Some like peels, some don't, there are side effects in doing them. Some like Latisse/Lumigan, some don't, once again, there are side effects in using them.

If you don't like something, don't do it!

Common sense goes along way.
Have i ever said that we are not all adults, and am i trying to tell to anyone what they should or should not do gymrat, NO I AM NOT!

I would not do that either, it really does not matter to me, what others do or dont do!

I was just simply stating what about the side effects of botox, this is a forum after all and i am just writing what i want to!

All i said was even though some people may like doing botox, what about the side effects of botox, i have never told anyone what they should or should no!!

Please dont misinterpret what i write I dont think its very far!

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I agree with Gymrat! "there are pros and cons with everything in life these days. Every decision you make, you have to weigh them, good or bad. It's a personal decision, what a person is willing to do, wether it be botox, or use tar on your face. Maybe I would use botox if I had the money, and knew more about it. The only thing that is important to me is that I make, an informative choice.
Mony- I have a girlfriend who takes $10 a week and sets aside for botox. She also has a jar on her counter that says "botox donations". If only I were that cleaver-

Honestly speaking, after the first couple times of doing botox, it now lasts longer and longer. In the beginning it was only lasting 3-4 months, now I can go 8-9 months. Makes spending the money a little easier.

If you ever decide to do it, just look for an experienced Dr, who has been doing injections for a long time. I go to a plastic surgeon who I think does more injections than he actually does surgeries.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hi redrose-

I think we might be twins separated at birth! LOL! I love my Botox and will NEVAH, EVAH be without it. I would starve and quit drinking wine first to have my Botox money. And it's true, the longer you do it, the longer it lasts. And it prevents new wrinkles! It's a keeper!! The last time I had it done, it was $220. The first time was $450. My doc actually injects above my eyebrows and it works like an eyebrow lift. I can't go on enough about this stuff! If you're deciding to do or not do it, I would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
What side effects are you talking about?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
I think we might be twins separated at birth! LOL! I love my Botox and will NEVAH, EVAH be without it. I would starve and quit drinking wine first to have my Botox money. And it's true, the longer you do it, the longer it lasts. And it prevents new wrinkles! It's a keeper!! The last time I had it done, it was $220. The first time was $450. My doc actually injects above my eyebrows and it works like an eyebrow lift. I can't go on enough about this stuff! If you're deciding to do or not do it, I would highly recommend it.
LOL, oh I wish I HAD a sister!!!!
for that matter, I wish I had a daughter!! Just boys at this house-

Yep, I totally agree with you!! Would NEVER give it up!! I do the same have it injected right above my brows. Love Love Love the stuff!!

I can get it anywhere between $10-$12 a unit here. Which isn't bad. Plus this last time I got a $50 rebate, which makes it even better-

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Well maybe I'll consider botox if I ever win the lottery, right now I'm "TRYING" to save up for a decent vehicle before the wreck I drive now dies on me. I would like something that doesn't look like it came from a wrecking yard for once! (Not something his lawn company bought at an auction for 500$!) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Negative side effects of Botox are fortunately rare and usually temporary. Sometimes, the injector will miss the sweet spot and a slightly droopy eyelid will result for a few days or even a couple of weeks. All procedures carry risk. I love Botox myself and now rarely need it in my forehead to remove the two little worry bumps I have over my brows. Over time, the muscles get used to the idea they are not active and lose their strength. That's a good side effect
Of course, the worst side effect is that on the bank account...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts