Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Would anyone know of any products that might help in minimizing lines above my upper lip? I have "smoker's lines", but have never touched a cigarette in my life. I have tried countless higher to lower end products....paid lots of $$$$ with no success. I maybe don't give products a chance to see if they are effective...I expect to see improvements in 2 weeks or so. I'm going to be trying the new L'Oreal Collagen Lip Filler. I was told by our local department store, that they had good feedback on it. Has anyone tried it or is there another one that could be recommended?

I am very discouraged and disheartened with these fine lines and would love to at least be able to minimize them if nothing else.

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
I have the same lines and have never touched a cigarette either
I have tried alot of products as well for this, and haven't had much luck. I do facial peels to try to get them minimized as much as possible, and use a retinol product.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A few years ago one of the national papers done a test on lip cream. One of the creams came up top and more or less got rid of the lines. The cream could only be bought over the net. I kept the paper and found the cream which i saved into favs and threw the paper away. THEN the silly comp went kaput and i lost everything. I cant remember what the cream was called but if i ever find it again i will let you know.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Actually i know mari told me about dermaglow doing an upper lip repair, dont take my word for it you need to ask her, but think chelise used to use it and apparently it is good! Not cheap and is strong produt though but you might wanna checki it out!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I know I keep banging the same gong here, but guess what? facial exercise and massage can undo the pursing of the lips that the muscles do to cause the upper lip lines - it retrains them - and massage can halp exfoliate the skin as the muscles reform. Retin-A and vit c reform the skin.

It's either that or Botox/injectable fillers/laser. Exercise is cheaper and not at all painful. It takes time, but it works.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The worrying thing though about the excerise thing is having read the person other comments about getting more wrinkles! Or do some people tug away at the skin too hard

Anyway im going to eat me dinner now so hungry,
spk soon

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The worrying thing though about the excerise thing is having read the person other comments about getting more wrinkles! Or do some people tug away at the skin too hard

Anyway im going to eat me dinner now so hungry,
spk soon
NY,
Did you read my response to her post?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yes i just did the skin gets worse before it gets better, i did start with the excersises actually myself, however though since the reactions of green cream left the face alone! Need to though start steeping things up a bit though obviously!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Nono, just let it be a while until the skin recovers from this first stage.
There are of course two schools of thought:
1)keep pushing thru the peely stage;
2)give yourself a break.
It depends on how you feel about it and your own skin. I personally don't like to force things.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Well im at home tomo so may be i should try put tiny bit on tonight see how it goes my face is ok just neck bit red! If it starts to hurt when i put it on obviously il back off i think! My face is ok now no dryness so think im ok to do this!

I know on forum he does say try to push on but i did not want to force it while baby skin was coming through! Obviously though if i could push on and help my fine lines this would be good too i think!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeah the neck is very sensitive I think and shows redness quicker. I just used it on my neck about every other nite. And lots of sunscreen in the am. The neck and chest get so much sun.

Hope you have baby skin before you know it!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Thanks fawnie may be suffering in the end will be a good thing! So il get rid of all of my fine lines and get the baby soft skin too!: You never know D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Thanks fawnie may be suffering in the end will be a good thing! So il get rid of all of my fine lines and get the baby soft skin too!: You never know D
Hey NY - I'm peeling too on this side of the pond.
I say let's just let it run its course so that we can move on. I prefer to get through this as fast as possible and not to drag this thing on for months.

Plus - I'm having an allergic reaction to some collagen pills that I started taking last week. I am not a pretty sight at the moment!

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Plus - I'm having an allergic reaction to some collagen pills that I started taking last week. I am not a pretty sight at the moment!
Oh no Mireckca- what happened with the collagen pills?? This makes me nervous as I was looking into those. Please share .....

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Oh no Mireckca- what happened with the collagen pills?? This makes me nervous as I was looking into those. Please share .....
Well - I sent away for collagen 1+3 (for my hair which is thinning, skin which is shot, and nails which don't exist) and collagen 2 (for my bum knee which is from an active childhood as a tomboy).

I had extreme redness on my neck and upper chest last weekend. I told the friend that asked that it was probably from the vitamin C spritzer that I was using. I recently started her on it as well, so I advised her to use it with caution.

Well, a day later my lower inner arms broke out with that same redness - botchy, but not itchy. Again I said to myself it must be the vitamin C.

Well, yesterday I finally admitted to myself that it must be the collagen or some ingredient in the dosage form. I feel like I really need the supplement, and I bought a two month supply ($80 or so) - so I am continuing to take it because the reaction seems mild and manageable.

I will not reorder it again, though. I have a friend that takes the same product (the collagen 1+3) by the same manufacturer (Neocell) with no problem - so I am sure that it is me.

Maybe I'll stop one and then the other to see which of the two is causing the reaction - it might not be both of them.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mirecka i agree with the peeling just am being cautious cause of work, until i leave the job in october, i think, i have to look good! However not putting any green cream for about 4 days now has freshend up my skin nicely and i dont want to over do it with cream just take it easy i think!

My bf told me that collegan should not get taken too much as apperently can cause side effects for example he said footballers that take it, can aggrivate things like knee problems etc! Dont know how much of this is true but though i would share this anyway!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Actually i know mari told me about dermaglow doing an upper lip repair, dont take my word for it you need to ask her, but think chelise used to use it and apparently it is good! Not cheap and is strong produt though but you might wanna checki it out!
Hi, I've been using Dermaglow Upper Lip Repair for about 4-5 weeks; I can see the improvement. Right now there's a Dermaglow special on that includes cleanser, wrinkle repair (you can use it on your upper lip) and moisturizing night cream; I paid $85 yesterday for the kit and got about $100 in samples at Shoppers.

That's the kind of deal I like. (the samples were in a cheesy red purse -- but hey, I have some cheesy friends that will fight over it.)

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Oh no, I am sorry to hear that
I will tell you when I started taking Vit C orally, it made me have a rash on neck. That was nothing compared to the horrible stomachaches I had when I first started taking it!!! I went to the health food store and explained my symptom's, the gal there reasurred me it was the Vit C (oral kind) and to stick with it, and my body would adjust. She was right, I held out for the next week, and sure enough my stomach pains, rash, etc went away. So maybe it will take your body time to adjust to the Collagen supplements??? I don't know, maybe......??? I have never taken it before and don't know alot about it either. Maybe Periwinkle could be of more help, he's the pro on supplements, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Well - I sent away for collagen 1+3 (for my hair which is thinning, skin which is shot, and nails which don't exist) and collagen 2 (for my bum knee which is from an active childhood as a tomboy).
Mirecka -- have your taken Biotin -- for hair, nails, skin. I've been on it about a year -- no problems -- my nails are very hard and grow too fast; my skin will never be good, but my hair is growing faster than ever -- my scalp problem is now 4X a year --so I'm happy I started on it. (recommended by a friend).

I also take occasionally 03mega + glow -- a supplement for the skin. "for firmer, more radiant skin, reduces fine lines & wrinkles and skin damage from UV exposure. (mfg. by Genuine Health)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Mari may be it was just me but dermaglow seems to have lots of ingrendients in there products, does that make a difference though to the effectivness of the product or not? I always think less ingrendients is better than more, but am i wrong

1 - 20 of 203 Posts