Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a guy. I'm not really that hairy, but I decided to go ahead and get my chest waxed for the summer.

I have been using Proactiv with success for a few years now. I have hardly any chest/back acne now.

However, after this chest wax, my chest has severely broken out. Very frustrating.

Should I just leave it alone, continue to use my Proactiv, and just see if it gets better?

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
So I'm a guy. I'm not really that hairy, but I decided to go ahead and get my chest waxed for the summer.

I have been using Proactiv with success for a few years now. I have hardly any chest/back acne now.

However, after this chest wax, my chest has severely broken out. Very frustrating.

Should I just leave it alone, continue to use my Proactiv, and just see if it gets better?
Are you sure it's acne? Sometimes when I wax, not always, but sometimes I will get little whitebumps afterwards. If they bother you, try putting a little alcohol on them. I usually leave them and they go away in a day or so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm pretty sure this is acne. Many of them are turning into small little 'whiteheads'.

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
No, I'm pretty sure this is acne. Many of them are turning into small little 'whiteheads'.
Yes the little white heads are typical, don't worry, they won't stick around. Trust me, I had to take Accutane for my acne, and everytime I have waxed and gotten these little bumps, they go away. Although I am female, I have been waxing for YEARS!! I have never gotten a pimple so to speak, one that stuck around for longer than a few days from waxing.

How long ago did you wax?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the little white heads are typical, don't worry, they won't stick around. Trust me, I had to take Accutane for my acne, and everytime I have waxed and gotten these little bumps, they go away. Although I am female, I have been waxing for YEARS!! I have never gotten a pimple so to speak, one that stuck around for longer than a few days from waxing.

How long ago did you wax?
Friday afternoon. The lady that I went to has been doing it for years, and she told me that it is possible to get breakouts afterwards if dirt gets inside the follicle. I went directly from getting waxed to going to work. I do get sweaty at work because I'm physically moving around so much...I guess maybe this could have influenced it?

But I wasn't ready/expecting it to breakout everywhere she had waxed!

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Friday afternoon. The lady that I went to has been doing it for years, and she told me that it is possible to get breakouts afterwards if dirt gets inside the follicle. I went directly from getting waxed to going to work. I do get sweaty at work because I'm physically moving around so much...I guess maybe this could have influenced it?

But I wasn't ready/expecting it to breakout everywhere she had waxed!
Totally normal. Especially if this was your first time. The more you do it the more your skin will get used to it. Your skin is used to the hair protecting it from dirt, sweat etc, it will takes time to get used to the hair no longer being there. IT will go away- I promise.

Keep waxing it!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Totally normal. Especially if this was your first time. The more you do it the more your skin will get used to it. Your skin is used to the hair protecting it from dirt, sweat etc, it will takes time to get used to the hair no longer being there. IT will go away- I promise.

Keep waxing it!!
Well I sure hope it goes away soon. It's embarrassing.

I take that you are a fan of no chest/stomach hair on men...

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Well I sure hope it goes away soon. It's embarrassing.

I take that you are a fan of no chest/stomach hair on men...
YES!!! Who needs that!!! The less hair the better in my opinion-

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
Ok gotcha.

So hopefully these breakouts should be gone by the end of this week?
They should be gone shortly, even before the end of the week. If not, keep it posted.

Also, next time try exfoliating before you wax. This always seems to help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ferrari replica watches is an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari replica watches in 1929 as Scuderia Ferrari, the company sponsored drivers and manufactured race cars before moving into production of street-legal vehicles in 1947 as Ferrari replica watches Throughout its history, the company has been noted for its continued participation in racing, especially in Formula One, where it has enjoyed great success.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts