Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted this for...well pretty much since I came outta the womb but I always thought the UK MAC website didn't stock it but turns out I've been looking in the wrong place all that time and they do stock it afterall!

Has anyone used it? Reviews pleeease

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Taking the powdery finish off and setting your make up apparantly. I've heard lots of good things about it but I know I can trust you guys on here to give me an honest opinion.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Taking the powdery finish off and setting your make up apparantly. I've heard lots of good things about it but I know I can trust you guys on here to give me an honest opinion.
You mean the spritzer Dukes? Fix +? I have used it, but if you really, and I mean really want to set your makeup and have it stay FOREVER try this-

Model In A Bottle

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, it looks promising but do they ship to the UK?
Have you used it like?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I don't know if they ship to the UK, and yes I have used it, it works great.
Hi Gymrat,

How do use the fix+? Do you just spray over face after applying powder? I've heard good things on this product.

Dukes: Fenwicks stores sell Mac products. I'm sure I have seen the Fix+ there.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi Gymrat,

How do use the fix+? Do you just spray over face after applying powder? I've heard good things on this product.

Yes, you spray it over your face after you have applied your powder or foundation. No, I don't use it as of now. I found (back when I was battleing acne) that these products only made me have flair ups. Since being acne free (knock on wood) I have yet to try these products again in fear of breaking out.

Stop by a MAC counter and have them spray a little on and see what you think. You could also buy it and if it didn't work out, you can always return it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a recipe that is supposed to have the same effect: use one part glycerin to three parts purified water, put it in a spray and shake it well before using it; spray it on your face after applying your full makeup. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to make it tomorrow and experiment with it. The shelf life is about 2 weeks. Make small batches so that is always fresh and replenish it as needed since it is so easy to make!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Oops! It seems like in my haste to contribute I made a mistake and gave the recipe for a waterbased mixing medium (used to apply eye make-up). I apologize for the mistake and promise to do better next time. I know that there is a homemade version of fix plus, I'll just have to find it and research/test it before letting you all know. Sorry...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Oops! It seems like in my haste to contribute I made a mistake and gave the recipe for a waterbased mixing medium (used to apply eye make-up). I apologize for the mistake and promise to do better next time. I know that there is a homemade version of fix plus, I'll just have to find it and research/test it before letting you all know. Sorry...
No worries!
Do share the fix+ recipe when you find it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Yes, you spray it over your face after you have applied your powder or foundation. No, I don't use it as of now. I found (back when I was battleing acne) that these products only made me have flair ups. Since being acne free (knock on wood) I have yet to try these products again in fear of breaking out.

Stop by a MAC counter and have them spray a little on and see what you think. You could also buy it and if it didn't work out, you can always return it.
Thanks Gymrat. I' ll do just that at the mac counter and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Gymrat,

Apparantly the best way to use it is not to spray it directly on your face but spray it on a brush and apply it. Obviously I've not tried it so I don't know, but that's what I've been told.

Well I have no idea where there's a Fenwicks round here I've never heard of it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well I did buy the "real thing" from MAC and used it today for the first time. I used it before applying foundation because I use two types, a liquid one on cheeks, nose and chin and a mineral one just below the eyes and forehead. So I thought that using it before the makeup would be safer. I loved it! It gives your skin a dewey and very natural look. I'm still going to try and find a good do it yourself formula and let everybody know...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts