Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I like bootcut and flares - all by Citizens of Humanity or Seven for All Mankind. Paige Premium Denim also has some really nice cuts. I have one pair of skinny jeans - and I look awful in them. LOL

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like bootcut and flares - all by Citizens of Humanity or Seven for All Mankind. Paige Premium Denim also has some really nice cuts. I have one pair of skinny jeans - and I look awful in them. LOL
I'm right there with ya! I LOVE flare jeans just like from the 70's. I tried on a pair of Lucky Brand last week and didn't realize how much lycra they have in them. Very comfortable.

These just came out in the stores and I've had my eye on them. I'm going to try them on this weekend. http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.co...02/p/4132.html

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm right there with ya! I LOVE flare jeans just like from the 70's. I tried on a pair of Lucky Brand last week and didn't realize how much lycra they have in them. Very comfortable.

These just came out in the stores and I've had my eye on them. I'm going to try them on this weekend. http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.co...02/p/4132.html
Me likey....I usually don't like TR jeans, the weird seams and all that, but I like those!

·
Registered
5,065 Posts

Christmas those are really nice!

I also like Kristen's jeans here, 3rd pic on the top row.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they can also-- the look requires a certain amount of thought. There are tons of super high wedges in the stores right now. That's half the look.

Skinnies ... flares look 'messy' to me???

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hi

I like boot cut since I usually wear boots, and also they look better on me (I am very underweight, so avoid wearing skinny jeans). Most of my jeans are boot cut, though very occasionally I will buy a pair of straight leg. I don't wear flared jeans (there is a difference between flared and boot cut).

Cheers,
Li

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gap has some great 70's jeans. They have the nice fit as well as the flare. I just purchased two pair from the Gap.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I looked at my wide leg jeans last night..... wondering if I should keep looking for flares. Skinny is still a better look for me though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think I could pull off big flares but I like the pair that BeautySleep picked out! If you're petite, I think it'd be best to wear slight flares or else it just looks costume-y

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I've been drawn to flares my whole life, and while I am just a little annoyed that people are flocking to them now because they're told it's the next big "it" instead of, you know, legitimately liking and wearing them in the first place, I'm glad they're back because now I get to cash in! Sadly, I don't like a lot of the jeans (any of them) being featured here, but I'll find my pair. I know guys didn't like them because they hide the form in a way that could be argued unflattering, one fellow did make the point that now ladies have a more savvy way to conceal their guns.

Literal guns, btw. Not metaphorical.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My flares are actually wide legged and not that flattering. I probably won't hem and will stick with skinny for a while longer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts