Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you apply anything to your hair as you flat iron it? If so, what do you apply?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Flat irons are one of the most damaging things to hair EVER! Get some heat protection spray such as Chi Iron Guard or Catwalk Fashionista before touching that heat to your hair. Get regular trims and use good products from a recommendation from an experienced stylist. That is SO important!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I find that if you blow dry the hair straight, before you flat iron it, you get a lot more bounce. I am sure thogh a lot of people know this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Moroccan Miracle .. it's alcohol free and this stuff really is great! It's expensive but the bottle which is about 4 oz. costs $30.00 but it lasts over a year!! I don't use a flat iron on my hair, but a Maxxiglide. For $70 I have had it for 3 years it my hair is bone straight. It uses steam to condition the hair.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have used flat irons, and the damage it has caused, seems to be un-repairable...
my hair have become dry, they have split ends and i lose too much of hair, does anybody knows here how to repair my hair, in a natural way, i dont want to use, any chemicals or anything now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Colleen I recommend the old favorite VO5 Hot Oil treatment. Is your hair fine? thick? I have fine hair, but a lot of it. Unfortunately with damage and split ends you have to trim every 5 weeks or so and treat your hair once a week. Use a gentle conditioning shampoo/conditioner.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use crystal fusion it came as a set with my flat iron. Which I absolutely love. It is my first and only one I would ever buy. I had very dry frizzy hair that I could never wear straight without it looking awful. Since I got my flat iron it makes my hair look so healthy no drying it out or anything. I spary on the conditioner before I use the iron and then some shine spray after.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Lee Stafford poker straight serum, Lee Stafford Heat protection mist and then blow dry. [This way it is easier to straighten and not as bad for your hair. When you straighten do it in small sections [im sure you know that already though lol] and dont drag it through really slowly, go through it quickly a few times and it isn't so damaging to your hair. Then i put some Lee Stafford Shine spray on to finish. All these combined makes your hair really really soft and used with some sort of moisturizing shampoo and condition its brilliant. I think i love them so much cos theyve got a cute lil staff on the bottles. aww ^.^

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you ever used Thermasilk's Heat Protection Spray? How good is that?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I use v05 heat protection spray. It not only protects your hair from heat but also leaves it shiny which is a plus

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am thinking that, instead of flat ironing my hair, I will roller set it. Because my hair is breaking badly and it does not need any more heat.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I use Moroccan Miracle .. it's alcohol free and this stuff really is great! It's expensive but the bottle which is about 4 oz. costs $30.00 but it lasts over a year!! I don't use a flat iron on my hair, but a Maxxiglide. For $70 I have had it for 3 years it my hair is bone straight. It uses steam to condition the hair.

Wow! And you have great hair! Where do you find Moroccan Miracle???

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
195 Posts
I flat iron it and then apply hair serum from John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette collection, its nice, but makes your hair greasy the next day.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use a small amount fo L'anza healing strenght (neem plant silk serum) works great to protect your hair. you can also get the healing treatment that you leave on over night......great stuff............

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moroccan Oil is the best protector against heat styling. You only need a silver dollar size amount in your hand to protect your hair before using a flat iron. It really works! Check out their website at moroccanoil.com.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts