Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive been reading this forum as a guest for quite a while and been using HQ/RA for my hyperpigmentation. Theres still a lot left and I am planning on removing them with HQ 10% so I was wondering if Ninasky or Ondine - if you guys could sell me an HQ 10% gel based compound since I am really bad at compounding myself.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hey guys, Ive been reading this forum as a guest for quite a while and been using HQ/RA for my hyperpigmentation. Theres still a lot left and I am planning on removing them with HQ 10% so I was wondering if Ninasky or Ondine - if you guys could sell me an HQ 10% gel based compound since I am really bad at compounding myself.
I saw some plain HQ on a site called ioffer... Would you get something like this and poor a bit into your nivea lotion? Im gonna stay away from mono but I may try the mixing...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
With the raw HQ crystals, you cannot just pour it itno your cream. THe HQ must be elted into a carrier like glycerine or dipropylene glycol first. If it gets air exposure & turns brown, it is inert & unusable. I've found that the HQ I melted into glycerine has remained stable for a prolongued period.

I haven't used it long enough to be able to state for certain that my skin is absorbing it well. I don't want to see imaginary results, post rave reviews & mislead people so I'm watching & waiting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hydroquinone is hydrophilic (water-loving) and can also be dissolved in water. I dissolve mine in water. However, methods Ondine mentioned are valid nonetheless.

·
Registered
670 Posts
So, you've tried to compound? What were your step by step procedures?

As for a gel base, that sounds like something you'd need a chemist for. Unless you know of a gel that goes back to being gel after heating it. If you plan on making a gel at home or having someone do it for you, they may have to melt the HQ in 100% glycerin or DPG and, then, add it to the gel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts