Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which have you tried and prefer: FlexEffect or Facercise by Carole Maggio. I am doing Facercise and seeing quick but small improvements compared to Lou Lou's ageless program. I just ordered the FlexEffect and will try it but if facercise is better than flexeffect then I will stick with that. Please give me some opinions. thanks!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
kiera
My first choice is FlexEffect because it is just so thorough! She doesn't leave out any facial muscles at all - a good workout and loads of info in her book. Her DVD is easy to follow and helpful. The CD is nice for days when you just want to lie in bed and have someone tell you what to do! Her forum has many long-time "flexers" who give excellent one on one advice. This is the Queen of Programs IMO. She is offering her last program for $45 since she is coming out with a new version.
Facial Exercise: If it's not FlexEffect It's not Facialbuilding.

I haven't tried Facercize.

Ageless If We Dare is a "quick and dirty" program! If you put your best effort into it you can see results with only 5 minutes a day. But you have to work the muscles MAXIMALLY!
Ageless If We Dare - Book/DVD

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fawnie, I just bought the $45 program of flexeffect tonight. I did not see many results from ageless. the two reasons I didn't get flexeffect before was because of the price and the time to do it. I had been doing carole maggio's program for about 30 min./night. so I can do flexeffect. How long does it take for you to do it and do you do it every night?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi kiera! Yay you got the marked down one!!

I actually am doing Ageless now, but very intensely - I really squeeeeeze the muscles tightly and am seeing pretty good results. I switch around between the programs and usually spend about 20 minutes a day with exercise and massage.....I do it every morning while I still have some time to myself and don't get distracted.

Be sure to do the massage part...it's easy to overlook...it's in the first couple pages of the book. And register for the forum when you get your code # - it's a great service she offers her clients.

Good luck with it kiera!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I did Caroline's facial fitness for 6 months and saw good results, but not much improvment of muscle under chin. I bought Carole Maggio one month ago and am already seeing improvements under chin and cheeks have definitley got lifted a little. I am just 60 and have just done my second tca peel this one is 50% and on day 5 peeling well, will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I do both Ageless and FlexEffect. I did buy Carolyn's program, but it was like a collection of exercises from other programs that I had got out from my library (hey money was tight back then), but Ageless and FlexEffect are the ultimate in my opinion too!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well guys I have been doing different exercises from all three programs now and have really seen some results. I never really thought I would see a difference but I have. For me, I started w/Ageless and then moved on to Facercise. That's when I started to really see some changes. Flexeffect was the best for me and I felt that facercise and flexeffect were an ultimately combination to see results. I don't do all the exercises from there but pick and choose for the eyes, cheeks etc.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I am doing Ageless and consistency is the key . I am seeing some improvement in the jaw area since doing the exercises and massage.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Toni, try the Lea Eigard chin-up exercise! ^^
It is really effective and works many of the jaw muscles. Not if you have TMJ tho.
Have you seen results Fawnie? I will definitely give it a try!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Seen and felt! You can feel the tightening the first time you do it, and see results in a short time. YMMV of course.

The neck exercises from FE are great too. I really PULL and see results from that. Turning my head to the side when doing the neck exercises gives firmness along the sides of the jaw too. I believe Kassy pointed this out on EDS.

Good luck!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've just started the Ageless, I've done it for only a week. Is it normal for it to hurt so bad? Some of those cheek exercises really are painful. I am assuming it is normal to "feel the burn" as that is what I go through working out at the gym. But just wanted to check. Plus my facial muscles continue to hurt, I did the exercises 2 days ago and I can still feel it in my cheeks. Normal?
I am considering ordering Facercise though too and I also want to get her No Lipo Lipo dvd. I need to go see if there is a thread on that to read up any results or comments.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You should not be in pain Moxie! Why not rest a couple days? LouLou advised breaking the exercises up into 2 days, so that you rest the muscles every other day. Or else do the full set every other day.

Applying cool compresses to the face can help if you have pain. Also gentle massage. Don't overdo it at first and become sore!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
I've just started the Ageless, I've done it for only a week. Is it normal for it to hurt so bad? Some of those cheek exercises really are painful. I am assuming it is normal to "feel the burn" as that is what I go through working out at the gym. But just wanted to check. Plus my facial muscles continue to hurt, I did the exercises 2 days ago and I can still feel it in my cheeks. Normal?
I am considering ordering Facercise though too and I also want to get her No Lipo Lipo dvd. I need to go see if there is a thread on that to read up any results or comments.
I never had any pain when I first started doing Ageless. You might just try taking more day's off between sessions and or using less pressure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fawnie and Periwinkle, thank for the responses. I am wondering if maybe I am holding the skin too tight. I watched LouLou's videos and it doesn't appear she is holding her skin very tight, unless she was just trying to show the placement of the hold rather than how tight to hold? I did have profractional done twice but the last treatment was a year ago so all the inflamation should really be gone by now but I wonder if that has something to do with why my skin hurts when holding it.
I will try not to squeeze my skin so tightly and maybe start off with less reps until my skin/muscles get more in shape.
Thank you again!
Also...I did do a search for Carole Maggios No Lipo Lipo and did not find anything, if there is a thread somewhere could someone bump it or post the link, I would appreciate it. I'd like to read about some experiences before I order it!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have Carole's No Lipo Lipo and think its a great program, although a bit time consuming in the beginning when your learning all the steps. Plus Carole advises people to make a mixture in the morning of powdered supplements to drink (but I've lost that listing) which I am sure would speed things up. Only draw back is that you need the mits and back strap to do it, and Vit E oil - but thats truly it. I even heard from Carole that I could split it up so doing the mits and strap in the morning and the oil in the evening, and got to tell you my body skin feels so smooth and soft after doing it. Plus I go bright red (but hey I'm a celtic lady!). I do notice though that my thighs and tummy are whittling down in size though (which is great as they are my worst areas). I always gain weight in those places first, and when I lose weight, its the last to come off in those areas but with this program, they are coming off with ease.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
how intriguing i just checked out the carole maggio website and the sleuth that i am has found her email address in an article.

PM if you want it and to email her, thought it best not to post it here!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yesterdays exercises went much better. I did not squeeze my skin quite as tightly and used a different hold (sides of fingers rather than fingertips) and that definitely helped, although I did keep losing my grip and had to regrasp quite a few times. I am just going to make my holds tighter and work the muscles harder gradually. Today is day 2 exercises and I find the crush to be the most painful of all, the burn is so intense and coupled with my skin hurting it is quite torturous!
TM, thanks for the info on your results with the no lipo lipo, looks like I will be ordering! These boards are really bad! I am usually a huge lurker and sometime poster because if I get too involved I end up buying more! LOL
Angel, I will let you know if I need her email, thanks for offering!
I am going to order the program today, hopefully they ship quickly. I have just started a team fitness class at my gym and am working out 6-7 hours a week now and noticing some great toning, however that doesn't address all the issues such as cellulite and the loose crepey skin at my knees.
I do love how tight my face feels after doing the exercises, I'm only a week in so I have not noticed anything long lasting. My eyes really open up for a few hours after doing the routine, I cannot wait for those results to stay long term! hopefully at the end of the month I can really see some improvements. I will be 43 this summer and in the last year have really noticed changes in my face. Big bummer too because I am very good to my skin and my body, I guess just not good enough which is why I am now getting very serious about my routines...don't want anything to get worse!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts