Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!
I have some questions l, but if this is not the right place let me know.

I am quite new to skincare and I was wondering if someone could help me form a skincare routine and recommend me some affordable products that I could start using

I'm 19 years old, I have combination skin, which is also quite sensitive. The zone in which I breakout a lot is my chin, so I have a lot of scars and red pigmentation in this area. My main goal is to reduce the breakouts in this area, the inflammation and the red appearance. At first I tried using the Body Shop tea tree cleanser and it was way too harsh for my skin.
My skincare now consists only of CeraVe foaming facial cleanser and as moisturizer I'm using Neutrogena water boost gel. I also use some SPF 30 sunscreen during the day. So far those helped me with keeping my skin clean and hydrated and breakout less often, but they don't help with reducing the red appearance and bumps on my chin. I'm thinking of starting using some AHA/BHA but I don't know if they are suitable for my sensitive skin.

I await your skincare recommendations :D

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Hi Dianna_y,
Over time your skin will heal. I would continue with very gentle cleanser and moisturizer. The sunscreen is a must!! You might want to add C serum in the am. There are many good ones available online or if you are so inclined, you could DIY. I would hold off on the alpha hydroxy…from what you have shared, your skin is far too sensitive for that right now. Give it some time. Develop consistency with your routine. You will be able to add to your routine once your skin has calmed down. At this point, less is more.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
If or when you include C serum in your routine, it is very important to include a good sunscreen. We should be generous with sunscreen whether c serum is in our current skincare routine or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts