Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm very new to all of this and have never posted anything before, but have read a lot of really great info on this subject. I have had eczema since i was 14. Nightmare! Tried lots of things for it, but was recommended a shampoo of all things by a friend of a friend. I use it all over especially on my face and hands and its the only thing i have found that works since i was 14. Its called nettle and jasmine shampoo and its from a company called Nirvana. Has anyone else ever tried this? Would love to know and just wanted to share something that worked for me as its soooooo amazing to finally find something that works after so many years!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site Alisond, Just a heads up: my mother and brother have that and psoriasis. The nettle in that is it "stinging nettle"? if so be careful. A while back they both tried this cream with it, and I don't know if it was the nettle, the combination of psoriasis and eczema or what.... but they both ended up in Emerge swollen up like balloons! They had steroid injections plus ointment.... it took them a while to deflate.... this was a nasty ordeal for them both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mony. Thanks so much for the reply. So scary for your mum and brother! It's not stinging nettle, but white dead nettle. Will def steer clear of the stinging variety though, but I have to say my skin and scalp have never felt or looked better. Have recommended this to a few friends who have had similar results as myself. So will definitely stick with Nirvana products. Thanks again for the reply!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi!

Just thought I'd put in some info on a product which I am very familiar with...it is called Infinite Aloe...there was another cream called Corium 21. Both of these creams are aloe based but for some reason have had excellent results with both eczema and psoriasis. You could go to their websites for more info. I knew some people who had really amazing reults. One woman had her eczema completely go away within two weeks. A guy with psoriasis had all of the scales disappear overnight. You might try these out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started using hello mellow products and they are great for my sons eczema.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rescue remedy cream may be applied to irritated areas of skin to soothe inflammation and ease itching.
Herbal preparations:
* One teaspoon of Caalendula lotion may be added to a glass of boiled, cooled water and applied to irritated or weeping skin as a soothing compress. Alternatively, the lotion may be dabbed onto sensitive area of skin at regular intervals to soothe inflamed skin.
* After applying marigold lotion (Calendula), cream or ointment may be applied to the affected area directly, or on a dry dressing. However, those who are sensitive to lanolin should be aware that the ointment includes lanolin as an ingredient.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts