Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, need help!!! my skin is pretty oily and i'm desperate to find the right oil free foundation that doesnt make my face all shiny after a few hours!! have tried the bourjois oil free but they dont have many shades and are either too dark/light plus didnt actually work anyways!
right now i'm using loreal true match, does not work! but its the perfect colour so ive been using it for ages!
there are a bunch of foundations i could try but a lot of them do not show what it has in them!?!!
so yeah i'm looking for the best oil free foundation which hopefully has the shade i'm after!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would try Glo Minerals pressed foundation or the liquid matte foundation, if you do like liquids and want that extra matte look I would get that and a perfecting powder, its totally translucent and will shrink your pores, its really healthy for your skin and won't make you break out

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I have heard Glo Minerals is good, but haven't tried it. What I have tried and love in the summer, when the humidity is jungle-like here, is Lumiere Cosmetics - Mineral Makeup, the VeenaVelvet formula, over my sunscreen. I spray it with mineral water afterward to set it and it stays on till I take it off.
'
The website is helpful with choosing the right shade and even has a tutorial about applying it. You can get lots of samples without spending a lot of money too. Many many shades to choose from! I highly recommend!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I just bought Emminence mineral powder. They suggest if you want a matte finish to spray your face lightly with toner after applying the mineral powder. The powder has an SPF of 30.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I want to review my post on Bare Minerals. Actually, the key is to use a good oil-free moisturiser. I was using a too heavy moisturiser for my face before. I guess this is partly why my make up was looking cakey. Bare Minerals are gr8 for oily skins especially their minerals veil.

Since I've changed to a lighter non- greasy moisturiser, Bare Minerals foundation not only makes my face look flawless but also matte. I don't have to retouch at all during the day which is not the case with other foundations that I've used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You could fry eggs on my face so that shoud tell you how oily my skin was. The best thing out there is the Physician Formula mineral compact. They have lots of shades and it covers well, not cakey, has spf protection and stays put. I don't use their brush though (too small). Invest in a good face powder brush and make sure you wash it regularly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lancome has some wonderful foundations for oily skin, so you need to check them out. Also, keep in mind that many times people with oily skin make matters worst by washing too much or with too harsh cleansers. When you do this, your skin thinks you NEED more oil ( because you washed it all off and oil serves to protect the epidermis from pollutants and bacteria ) so it will make more oil in response. Try using the most gentle non-soap cleanser you can find, and do not use any alcoholic toner afterwards. You might even want to try the Oil Cleansing method to cleanse your skin -just Google that term for many websites that explain this method and what types of oil to use. Contrary to popular belief, using oil to cleanse your face will not make it oiler if you use the right oils, and it will also not strip your skin of the protective oils so you skin doesn't think it needs to produce more oil. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have oily skin and wear a fair bit of make up, tried a few different oil free foundations but they do not work
where can i buy Bare Minerals?? (in a shop, not online)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
i have oily skin and wear a fair bit of make up, tried a few different oil free foundations but they do not work
where can i buy Bare Minerals?? (in a shop, not online)
Rose, where do you live coz in the uk, you can buy Bare minerals from Debenhams.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bismuth is the ingredient that gives a shimmery finish. Look for mineral foundations that do not contain bismuth or talc. Read the ingredient list. There are lot's of ingredients in all foundation that are not healthy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have super oily skin and found Bare Minerals looked very shiny,my face would get itchy and my pores were more noticeable, I do love Mineral Veil. HD Velvet Matte and Clarins 15 hour liquids both work nice, along with HD's setting powder.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Have tried a primer before the mineral makeup? I use Monistat anti-chafing gel. I have an oily t-zone(actually my nose is oily) and it helps keep makeup on and also keeps the shine at bay. With primer, I can keep makeup on my nose all day! Try it with what the foundation you are using. If not, then go for a mineral foundation in a matte or semi-matte.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts