Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, lately ive been getting an increasing amount of light brown freckles on my arms from the sun (as its been/still supposedly lol is summer and i used a tanning booth once a week for a short period of time) These freckles are beginning to become a problem for me personally because it makes my arms look very old and worn out and beat down if you know what i mean?

Is there a way to get rid of these wrinkles? (not lazer typed methods but creams etc)

Also, i was on my way to football and was tieing my shoelace and i noticed i had a red mark with a yellowish outline (which looks a little like a bruise) on a scar on my knee ive had since i was a child, this mark has surfaced lately but its not a bruise as i havent nocked my leg or anything - I think i read somewere strange marks on scars are a sign of skin cancer, is this true or just be being paranoid?

Appreciate any help on either/both - thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will they only go away if i stay out of the sun?

Should i just apply loads of sunblock? Its making me feel insecure about my arms because i dont have many freckles on my face/body but loads are coming up on my arms

How long does it take for them to go again?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes, stay out of the sun as much as possible and use the highest SPF sunblock you can find. It will take a month or two for it to go away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you reccomend a good brand of sunblock aswell please (one with good UVA protection)?

Ill find the highest in it but i just need to know a good brand that will also help my problem quickly - im living in the UK so preferably an easy to get hold of brand

How about this?:

boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=35475&calli ngViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

(copy and paste)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes that looks like it should be good. Make sure that you use at least 1 oz per application. Don't be cheap with it and apply it generously, it is your own hide you're saving here, right? Just keep at it and don't leave home without it, even when there are clouds out or when its raining. You'll report back with good results, I'm confident in that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay thanks alot, the help is much appreciated

Also, this may seem a silly question but i wear a suit 5 days a week, should i still apply it on my arms even when wearing the suit?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Well, its entirely up to you. Some sunblock is acutally a good moisturizer, so you can apply it right after you should as if it were any other lotion and you cover your entire body evenly. If you want to go with the less drastic route you could just apply it to your hands and face. Remember though that suits are make of silk or wool and are often thick. You can't get away without wearing sunblock with a light white t-shirt, so this would only apply to thick clothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a certain lenght of time i should put the sunscreen on before i go into the sun btw?

Like shall i put it on 30 minutes before i go out?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They seem to be gettin worse (honestly) Its making me feel down now because of these because it looks awful when im outside as there seems to be loads just dotted round, just small fine ones - is this because the tan is fading that theyre looking worse or should i try a different method to get rid of them?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anymore help please?

My forearms look all strange now like they seem dead course aswell - Would bio oil help them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts