Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freddy,
You seem very knowledgable about skincare information.

Would you please tell me your favorite products for skin.
I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thank you very much.

((Hope you don't mind me asking you like this)).

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Humm...this puts me on the spot uh?

Hehehe, I'm kinda tipsy on Cristal right now, BUT, I will try my best.

I believe that skincare should be deliberate and planned. It should also be methodical and done with purpose. In other words, it shouldn't be done for the sake of doing it, in other words, it should be done for the sake of change with the skin.

I think that the first step is a proper mask. The mask will assist in removing impurities and have secondary effects on the skin such as collagen production or firming or whatever. Right now I use St. Ives Clay Firming Mask.

The second step should be a good cleanser. The cleanser should address issues with the skin. For this step I prefer Biore's Ice Cleanser (or whatever the hell it's called), it makes you face feel cold and contains salsylic acid which assist in breaking down whiteheads and fights p.acnes which is the bacteria that form acne.

After the wash you'll want to tone with a cotton ball and a toner. For this I love using The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Toner. It's antibacterial and doesn't have any active ingredients. In other words, it will clean you skin without leave other things on it.

Follow-up with the Body Shop Mattifying Gel. This moisturizer comes from the same line as the toner but leaves your skin moisturized but without any shine or residue. A good residual of the product is that tea tree is antibacterial and it will do its part to fight acne, blemishes, and imperfections.

The last step is sunblock. I live in Canada and in the winter I don't use sunblock. I think that's contradictory to what I promote here, but I get out of the home at 3 p.m. and by that time the sun is so weak that a vampire can go out. A sunblock should be as high SPF as possible. Avoid oily products or products with a great deal of white residue.

To maintain glowing skin I use facials with Microdermabrasion. I think that they're expensive but definately worth the price.

Hopefully this helps. if you have any other questions please ask.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you did help.
Thank you.

What is your favorite skincare brand (most of the time).

I just want some good products, because I'm truly NOT stuck on brands by no means.

I'm just so use to Clinique and Estee Lauder being available with a good reputation.

What do you think about these lines and do you have some other suggestions that are comparable?

Brief description of my skin: (if I left out anything, please let me know):
1. Fair skin
2. Can burn in sun, but will tan after a few days
3. Oily
4. Medium size pores
5. Occasional breakouts
7. Scars VERY easily
8. Discoloration from burns and acne

What would you suggest for the proper skincare?
(product wise; without visiting a professional; at the moment)

I want radiant, smoth, and glowing skin.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The last step is sunblock. I live in Canada and in the winter I don't use sunblock.
You know your stuff more than me, but i use a sunblock all year round because the UV level remains the same even if its snowing. :]

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
DukesNeedToChewToo, I never said you didn't use sunblock year round...so what's your point? This is a personal choice of mine. It's a trade off, do I want really thick sunblock on my face when it's practically sunset by the time I get out of the house? Answer is no.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Blooming heck! Can i say anything around you without you persisting to bite off my head? You obviously cant speak to me in a civilised way so how about i dont answer to your posts and you dont answer to mine? I just thought maybe you didnt realise or something and wrinkles are awful things. You could have just said without trying to be a smartarse about it. If this is still about the toothpaste thing then you hold grudges WAAAY to easily. I've said it before and ill say it again...

CHILL OUT.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts