Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
AVEDA has a really, really great serum - I don't know the exact name of the product but worked great the other day at the salon. I have struggled my entire life with extremely thick, frizzy, kinky hair. I've used straighteners, ethnic straighteners, and I regularly iron it if I am going to wear it down. It's HARD work let me tell you! I also use a foam made by Paul Mitchell - but honestly, I hate putting stuff in my hair...and I try not to wash it every day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
There's this really nice line that's up and coming-I've tried their leave in/conditioning styler and I really like it.

It's called Mixed Chicks. You can find info on them at their site: Mixed Chicks Home

I'm going to try their new shampoo and conditioner soon and I'll post a review too.

If you contact them they will send you free samples to try tell them Darlene referred you

·
Registered
224 Posts
wow bad cat, you really know your stuff. How do you keep up with all these products?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I LOVE any and all products

I have always been a fan of trying out almost anything I can get my hands on. I especially like things that not too many people know about.

Unfortunately, I have a lot of sensitivities so I have to be really careful too.

Oh and by the way I tried the shampoo & conditioner...I'll let you know how I liked it later

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have wavy/straight hair which would be really frizzy if i let it air dry...i used phytorelaxer type 1 and it really...really helped with frizz...but you HAVE to follow the directions...and you MUST have someone help you apply it...my suggestions for using it is dont have your hair cut for at least a month before (so that you can get a nice generous trim after using the product) you cant use a flat iron like 8 days before and after...they have a whole list of donts before using it that you can find when googling the product...i was really nervous before using it but it turned out to be fine...just dont leave it on up to the maximum or it WILL damage your hair...

it did fray my ends and give me a few split ends but thats where the haircut came in handy and i did a karetin (spelling??) treatment which fixed it...it makes your hair SUPER SHINY but takes a few days to get those effects...the best thing about that product was that i could finally get out of the shower and air dry my hair without looking like the crazy lady...it didnt weigh down my hair and give that fake relaxed look...

the downsides are:
the split/frayed ends
the cost ($80 usd)
you will have straighter hair...so when you want to make it curly it doesnt last too long...

the upside (for me anyway)
i can air dry my hair
its shiny
i live in miami humidity is a problem...my hair WONT frizz up and get little waves...
(helped with an annoying cow lick i had haha)

they sell this at sephoras (which is convenient) make sure you have a talk with one of the consultants about how to use it...the one i talked to highly suggested getting help with it...and i didnt and really needed help with the smoothing part of it...also suggested that i didnt wash my hair for 3-5 days (ew) so that your scalp wont burn... i washed my hair the night before...but i was lucky it didnt burn me at all...but my girlfriend did get slight burning...

·
Registered
10 Posts
DermaOrganics Argan Oil! about $25
Apply a quarter size dollop to wet hair style, be amazed!
They also make DermaOrganic shampoo (no sulfates) and mask!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Bad Cat, at present I am using Carefree Curl (I know it is nasty stuff). But I have thick black hair and got the kink from my dad so it is really not nice. It is like medusa with nothing in it and for years I just put tons of product into it and would spray it and everyone *****ed at me that I had "crunchy" hair but I have no other way to control it. Carefree Curl and the new Fructis Bamboo Extract hairsprays have given me a nice curl and bounce without making it too hard or too frizzy. My cousin tells me to get something with Argan oil but I have not found any good products. I am looking to keep my curls, not straighten, just to keep the curl and bounce and keep it tame and still have body without frizz. I have very difficult hair! Please let me know your findings!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts