Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the avatar it's my complexion right now, all over my body. i've been using diana stadler lightening soap, ambi even & clear exfoliationg wash, ambi even & clear foaming cleanser, ambi even & clear daily moisturizer spf 30 and ambi fade cream with 2% HQ for almost one year. i succeeded in even out my face with the rest of my body! i had bad acne 9 months ago and i NEVER protected my face from the sun. i decided to take care of my skin after the acne was almost on all my face and compare to the rest of my body it looked like i was wearing a mask!

well, the point of my post is. i want to have the same complexion and GLOW like Jill Scott the singer on the picture below. based to your advice HQ 4% and Retin A are the products to use, but HQ 4% won't be too much for me? i'm not sure, do you think I already have Jill Scott complexion? i'm aiming even and glowing skin. So what do you think?

oh by the way, for those out there who are looking to just fade spots and to have a healthy skin tone AMBI products are good. now if you want to bleach or light 2-5 shades no AMBI is not for you.. for me I should stick with HQ 2% right? I definetely need the RETIN-A though right?

JILL SCOTT

·
Registered
258 Posts
your right blackgirl ur already jill scott complexion if not, ur really close to it, i think u should continue using the ambi since its working so well for you, just for maintenance purposes, if you add ra to your routine, you will get even lighter , if thats not your goal then leave the RA alone, plus you dont know how your skin will respond to it, it can really be irritatng to sensitive skin

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i say leave the RA alone and keep doing what your doing.. your already there you just want that glow so add exfoliation in your regimine, maybe some vitamin c serum and a good spf and you'll be fine.. im like you... once i can zap the knees, elbows, inner thigh ( and im almost there) im gonna maintain.. its more about "even" with me also...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Krazycee07 and PinKMoscato, thank you for your advice! then, i'm going to stick with my regimen. and add Vitamin C serum sounds good.
PinkMoscato hang in there, the elbows for me too were tough to lighten but I put the fade cream in there all the time! after awhile the darkness started to fade. insist on these areas and it should be fine.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes, indeed, you have her complexion, you seem to be even lighter than her. Good job.
my goal is to have your skin color.

on the avatar it's my complexion right now, all over my body. i've been using diana stadler lightening soap, ambi even & clear exfoliationg wash, ambi even & clear foaming cleanser, ambi even & clear daily moisturizer spf 30 and ambi fade cream with 2% HQ for almost one year. i succeeded in even out my face with the rest of my body! i had bad acne 9 months ago and i NEVER protected my face from the sun. i decided to take care of my skin after the acne was almost on all my face and compare to the rest of my body it looked like i was wearing a mask!

well, the point of my post is. i want to have the same complexion and GLOW like Jill Scott the singer on the picture below. based to your advice HQ 4% and Retin A are the products to use, but HQ 4% won't be too much for me? i'm not sure, do you think I already have Jill Scott complexion? i'm aiming even and glowing skin. So what do you think?

oh by the way, for those out there who are looking to just fade spots and to have a healthy skin tone AMBI products are good. now if you want to bleach or light 2-5 shades no AMBI is not for you.. for me I should stick with HQ 2% right? I definetely need the RETIN-A though right?

JILL SCOTT

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
What soap exatly do you use from Diana Stadler? i was on there website, there is 3 kinds of soap.

Krazycee07 and PinKMoscato, thank you for your advice! then, i'm going to stick with my regimen. and add Vitamin C serum sounds good.
PinkMoscato hang in there, the elbows for me too were tough to lighten but I put the fade cream in there all the time! after awhile the darkness started to fade. insist on these areas and it should be fine.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I actually think adding Retin A to your routine would not be a bad idea since you posted you have acne, that's what retin A is for and it will give you that glow you want.

I would go with the lowest strength, your skin seems to respond very well to low dose products.

You look Great!!

Keep it up!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What you're doing now has worked for you, except that you don't have the 'glow' you want. Perhaps trying the RA at 0.025% every other night will provide that added exfoliation that'll have you glowing? The glow also comes from the inside so you might want to take a good look at your eating, sleeping, exercise & stress patterns. Do you drink plenty of water? Are you over-doing the coffee & sugary sodas? These habits all affect the skin too.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What soap exatly do you use from Diana Stadler? i was on there website, there is 3 kinds of soap.
Well, based on the company reports they say the most effective soap by DIANA STADLER at overall whitening is the Gluthatione Soap, followed by Papaya Kojic soap and last the Black bar, and the Licorine soap is the mildest. Personally I use the Black soap all over my body, I don't want a strong whitening soap. I exfoliate my body with a scrub rag, the exfoliating works with slighty lightening the body.

So decide which soap is best for you. Follow closely the advices given here to get the overall whitening you want. be patient and I know you'll get the complexion you want, even better
good luck .

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What you're doing now has worked for you, except that you don't have the 'glow' you want. Perhaps trying the RA at 0.025% every other night will provide that added exfoliation that'll have you glowing? The glow also comes from the inside so you might want to take a good look at your eating, sleeping, exercise & stress patterns. Do you drink plenty of water? Are you over-doing the coffee & sugary sodas? These habits all affect the skin too.
0.025% RA is not too strong makes sense! i trust your recommendations, i really want that extra glow so i think i need to use it.
you are right about diet, last year i was eating fast food all the time. i was 20 pounds heavier and my skin was awful. i had to make changes in my lifestyle and eating habit or i was going to the grave. I exercice once in awhile (not always lol), free weights and cardio on bike. today i drink more water, i'm still working on drinking even more. i try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. the acne on my face disappear rapidly as well as the texture of my skin. i'm not sure if most of the good results are due to the AMBI products or my change of diet and lifestyle.. both I guess.

what i realize is, it's my 20's I should have done all that. why I had to wait to hit bottom to take care of my body? most people are like me, it's messed up.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
blackgirl, a Vitamin C serum along with ur AMBI regimen will truly give u the glow you want. There are ready made ones, especially the Triple Vitamin C found at skincarecentral.biz, and the expensive one is called Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, or u can just make it urself, the recipes are at the ant-aging department.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Guys, how to upload my picture?

blackgirl, a Vitamin C serum along with ur AMBI regimen will truly give u the glow you want. There are ready made ones, especially the Triple Vitamin C found at skincarecentral.biz, and the expensive one is called Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, or u can just make it urself, the recipes are at the ant-aging department.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sorry, just did it. You can tell that i have an horrible skin, the black spots are du in part from acne and ingrows hair. I started threading to deal with it, but i know it is not enough.
my skin does not glow at all.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I would use the highest percentage Retin-A 0.1% gel form at night, hydroquinone during the day with SUNBLOCK and get the microfiber cloth. What you need is some really rapid and crazy exfoliation to get rid of acne marks, future acne, and ingrown hairs. After you have prepped your skin with the Retin-A 0.1% and HQ for a couple of months like 3 months, take a one to two week break and then get a Jessner's Peel or a Lactic Acid peel.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
This sounds like great advice for anyone with a similar problem.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hi, as always, Thank you for your response.
I have the Retin-a 0.05, but, when i use it, my skin blister. I do not know what to do.

I would use the highest percentage Retin-A 0.1% gel form at night, hydroquinone during the day with SUNBLOCK and get the microfiber cloth. What you need is some really rapid and crazy exfoliation to get rid of acne marks, future acne, and ingrown hairs. After you have prepped your skin with the Retin-A 0.1% and HQ for a couple of months like 3 months, take a one to two week break and then get a Jessner's Peel or a Lactic Acid peel.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
oh yeah I remember, then use the carotein nourishing fairness cream, did u purchase that in harlem? theres one online at the texasbeautysupply for 8 bucks. That will exfoliate your skin like crazy. Also, if that doesnt work then I strongly recommend Differin gel, also known as adapalene, it can be obtained from ADC or from ur doctor through a prescription at the pharmacy. Differin is a retinoid, works the same way as Retin-A but it is MUCH MUCH gentler and doesnt give you blisters and is recommended by dermatologists for dark skinned patients. If Differin doesnt work out then your last options are a series of Lactic Acid/Salicylic or Jessner's peels in intervals of 3 to 6 weeks apart.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes I did purchase the carotein, i started using it yesterday. Thank you, thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

oh yeah I remember, then use the carotein nourishing fairness cream, did u purchase that in harlem? theres one online at the texasbeautysupply for 8 bucks. That will exfoliate your skin like crazy. Also, if that doesnt work then I strongly recommend Differin gel, also known as adapalene, it can be obtained from ADC or from ur doctor through a prescription at the pharmacy. Differin is a retinoid, works the same way as Retin-A but it is MUCH MUCH gentler and doesnt give you blisters and is recommended by dermatologists for dark skinned patients. If Differin doesnt work out then your last options are a series of Lactic Acid/Salicylic or Jessner's peels in intervals of 3 to 6 weeks apart.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
your welcome, and your skin's condition from ur picture is DEFINITELY something that can be easily taken care of within 6 months with the exfoliation and HQ that we mentioned here, take a look at Ninasky's before photo if it is still up, her before skin looked almost similar to yours and guess what? Her after photo, after exfoliation, HQ and high sunblock use, you cant even tell that she had any problems with her skin, her complexion was even and about 2 to 3 shades lighter and I think it took her half a year or so to achieve the result. The key was sticking to a regimen that works and persistence.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts