Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever used Frownies? I have been using them for a while and do see a small, temporary results but am not sure it's really worth it. Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've tried these.

Jeez they do make you look ridiculous. I didn't 'stick' with them for very long so, I never saw any results - and, my husband couldn't really cope with me going to bed with bits of paper stuck to my face! I think it's a bit of a gimmick! Probably completely harmless though, unlike some of things we try!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, my husband is suffering through it and I do see some results but they are temporary so I'm not sure they are worth it

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
yeah, my husband is suffering through it and I do see some results but they are temporary so I'm not sure they are worth it
Kiera - you did not mention exactly where you are applying the Frownies, so I will just share with you my own experience with them.

I have been using Frownies for just about a year now - and will use them I am sure for the rest of my life. I have very good skin generally but the start of some sagging and some lines - which are really troublesome but I am attacking w/ facial exercises, Retin A and C serum.

My only real "problem" is some forehead creases which are hereditary. I have two horizontal ones, one longer than the other and the typical "11's" between my brows. Knowing that my situation was only going to get worse, I decided to try the Frownies. I gave up very soon on trying to use them on the horizontal lines. They really did next to nothing. For this I think that the facial exercises will do more - to lift the forehead and minimize the lines. The RA hopefully will do its thing too and minimize them as much as possible. But I never expect them to fully disappear, and I am okay with that. I just don't want them to worsen, and they have not since I started this program about 1 year ago.

But using the Frownies between the eyebrows has made a significan difference, even before I added the Retin A and C serum to my regimine. The Frownie does smooth out the crease while I sleep - and this has 2 benefits -

1) It prevents me from frowning while I sleep
2) It smooths out the crease, which is temporary and the crease reappears, but over time it takes longer to reappear, so that eventually it will stay smooth - or at least not be so severe. In the last year, I have definitely found this to be the case.

I for one am convinced that it helps and plan to keep up with it. If I lie down and forget it, I get myself back up and apply it before sleeping. It has become that important to me. And I have found that using medical adhesive tape works just as well as the Frownies, which are not that expensive but over the long term the cost does add up.

I would encourage you to keep it up - and also to consider using facial exercises. I use the Flex Effect program, which has exercises that target wrinkles on the forehead among others.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your input Mireckca, and it's interesting you mentioned facial ex. because I am trying to decide right now which book/program to get. The question is if it's worth$70 for the Flex Effect or should I just get the Ageless if You Dare (cheaper). I am also waiting in the mail for my Renova---not tried it yet---so excited and nervous! Maybe I will keep up w/the Frownies. I was kind-of hoping the exercises would eliminate the need for frownies. By the way I'm using them on the side of my mouth. I have two wrinkles I am obsessed with and nothing has helped so far!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Does anyone re-use the Frownies and do you use Retin A with the Frownies before you go to bed?

Thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts