Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
though I am a lady who doesn't mind spending some serious $$$ for a skin care item proven to work ( like RA ) I also like being frugal when possible. What tips do you all have other than the DIY C serum? One thing I love is Palmer's Cocoa Butter for taking off eye make-up. Works great and feels wonderful. I also plan to try the aspirin and honey mask

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) - leaves my skin soft, smooth and feeling clean. Castor oil and soybean oil are cheap.

I also like Gold Bond Ultimate Restoring Lotion as a moisturizer and a base cream for experimenting with actives. Hard to beat a $10 for 13 oz.

I mix a Vitamin E capsule(pricked and drained) with Rice Bran oil as a spot moisturizer - particularly under my eyes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's the one Fawnie! Along with the CQ it's loaded within vitamins, a cermide and a peptide. I almost hate mentioning it for fear it will get so popular they will decide to raise the price. LOL.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yeah..sssssssssssssshhhhhh

I'm trying to duplicate that expensive Obagi body cream using it as a base.
So far I've added some MAP and that's as far as I've gotten!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
330 Posts
though I am a lady who doesn't mind spending some serious $$$ for a skin care item proven to work ( like RA ) I also like being frugal when possible. What tips do you all have other than the DIY C serum? One thing I love is Palmer's Cocoa Butter for taking off eye make-up. Works great and feels wonderful. I also plan to try the aspirin and honey mask
Does it remove waterproof mascara? It sounds good anyway!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes waterproof is normally the only one I use since it seems it is the only one that won't run and give me black eyes. Comes right off. It is solid in the jar but when touches warm skin turns almost oil like but not like oil. Hard to explain. I really love using it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Thanks Goatlady. I'll try it then.

I had a good face/bodyscrub last night using organic Sunflower oil mixed with white sugar and a couple drops Vetiver essential oil. Very nice on the skin - not as heavy as, say, Castor oil/Olive oil - and nice finish to both face and body skin, which has lasted overnight and into this afternoon!

I do quite a lot of my own mixing...

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That does sound nice. I still want to try the aspirin and honey mask.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts