Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a ripe, juicy pineapple today and it was one of the tastiest things that I have ever eaten in my entire life. The smell was divine, the taste was sweet, and juices ran down my finger. It was such a wonderful experience.

I'm curious as to whether everyone else is also as passionate about fruit. In my opinoin, fruits are nature's candy.

I especially fingers pears (a special kind of Asian pear), cherimoyas, mangos, oranges, and pineapples.

What other natural and healthy foods do you think are especially delicious? (I like spelt)

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Yum I LOVE fresh pineapple!! They can be a booger to cut, but I love them. The heart is my favorite part. Yum!

I love fruit myself. Although I know it is loaded with sugar, it doesn't stop me from eating it. Right now is the perfect time to buy it. The fruit stands are loaded with fresh produce, fruits and veggies where I live.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Does anyone eat dates?, love them. I have been able to find any lately though, guess its seasonal

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
I love strawberries with a little balsamic vinegar and some raw sugar crystals!
And bing cherries! I could eat a whole bag of them!
You had me until you said cherries!!! HATE cherries. Cherry anything. And there aren't many foods I hate, lol. But cherries...........
Be careful they will make you be a frequent flyer in the restroom-

I like cantalope with cherry tomatoes add a little balsamic and pepper.

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
OK but now cantaloupe is my #1 hated food! DH likes it though. I hate the way it smells! I never thought about combining it with tomatoes.....
I love cantaloupe cut it in half and put cottage cheese in the center. Also, pineapple and cottage cheese. YUM!

I add weird things to my fruit. I like most of my fruit with pepper if you can imagine that. Salt and pepper on cantaloupe and watermellon.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't had watermelon in so long--since I was a little kid.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I love strawberries with a little balsamic vinegar and some raw sugar crystals!
And bing cherries! I could eat a whole bag of them!
LOL--I have three bags in my fridge for one week! I regularly eat an entire bag in one sitting!

Also I have just got a new blender and have started to make a morning smoothie--it is great, I put Watermelon, Ice, Activa, Banana, Blueberries, Strawberries and any other fruits (not citrus fruits) I have on hand and then make a delicious drink! I agree with the original post--do not get why anyone would need sugary fake snacks with the array of fruits out there!

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just had a ripe, juicy pineapple today and it was one of the tastiest things that I have ever eaten in my entire life. The smell was divine, the taste was sweet, and juices ran down my finger. It was such a wonderful experience.QUOTE]

Am having the same experience now, but with water melon. Yum!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what everyone here should try is a cherimoya. It is absolutely one of the tastiest fruits ever.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I just had a ripe, juicy pineapple today and it was one of the tastiest things that I have ever eaten in my entire life. The smell was divine, the taste was sweet, and juices ran down my finger. It was such a wonderful experience.QUOTE]

Am having the same experience now, but with water melon. Yum!
OMG! Watermelon--my fave! I love all fruits I was actually going to go get more watermelon soon as I only have a wedge left to make my afternoon smoothie!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've never had a mangosteen, but I've heard so many great things about them. What do they taste like?

Where do you live? Because mangosteens are illegal in every state except Hawaii, so you must live abroad or something.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I love fruits too but don't eat much of it because of the high sugar content. How do you all manage to eat so much and keep off the weight?

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
You know Mireckca I don't eat enough fruit for it to make me gain weight. I do eat it daily but not a ton of it.

I know it becomes a toss up fruit or licorice, LOL. My DH just brought me home some Australian licorice-

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by gymrat

You know Mireckca I don't eat enough fruit for it to make me gain weight. I do eat it daily but not a ton of it.

Okay - that makes sense. I suppose it is more of an issue for folks (like myself) who are trying to lose weight. I need to watch my caloric intake and so try to get most of my calories from proteins - that way I am not at risk of losing muscle mass; fruits are very high in sugar and are too much of a quick fix. I am not overweight but try to maintain a weight on the lower end of the range. I lost 60 lbs in 4 months last year and have kept it off this way - so I know this works, at least for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by

I know it becomes a toss up fruit or licorice, LOL. My DH just brought me home some Australian licorice-

Lucky gymrat! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would do anything to get my hands on a mangosteen.

I guess you guys can tell that I am pretty passionate about fruits and vegetables.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts