Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find out all I can about the Galvanic machine for diminishing wrinkles. I am 63 and have been using Eliazbeth Arden for years. The results have been great, but now that I an on a fixed income and with the economy such as it is, I do not think I can continue.

I am considering the purchase of a Galvanic machine. What do you know about its effectiveness, and would the use of the machine and its products lessen my monetary load after the initial purchase?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am also trying to find out info on the machine. My big question is - are there other gels rather than NuSkin that will work on the galvanic sp?. They are so very expensive. I know that Floya has one but will it work with the galvanic spa and be good?

Sunny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am really trying to get some objective opinions of the machine from people who have used it or know more about it but have nothing to do with the creation, sale or distribution of it. The only thing I have heard so far is from the people involved with the sale of the machine. They say it is fantastic, of course, and it works miracles, etc. They also say it can only use their products.

How expensive are NuSkin products, and how many must one buy?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel the same way about getting the true facts about the Nuskin Galvanic Spa because it is a multi level company. I just bought one on ebay for $100 so I will soon see. It is last years model with just one head but everything else is the same. It has a recharger stand which the new ones don't. I think the price of Nuskins gel is very high so I am going to order from Floya that also has a machine to do the same thing but their gel is much less. Only $13 for I think about 12 ounces or maybe more. I am just hoping that it will work with the one that I bought. If I find out anything more I will let you know. It is frustrating because there really isn't anyone else to ask but those in the multilevel business and of course they will say that it is wonderful. If you find out more please let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Louise, Yes I know all about them, I have been using one for 8 months now and it is remarkable. I look 10 years younger. My lines and wrinkles are still diminishing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have my machine now and am using it twice a week. I will let you know how it works for me. So far (only twice) I have not noticed a difference. I do know one other gel that you can buy that is a lot less money than NuSkin's. I don't have it yet but I soon will. I will still let you know how it works.

Linda

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Galvanic SPA and all their products. I personally think that it's just a gimic. I did not see any change in my skin. I feel like it's a waiste of money!

My opinion..

·
Registered
10 Posts
DandyLady, how often are you using it and what products are you using with it. How long have you been using it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spagal asked some good questions. Thanks for your input DandyLady. It will be interesting to hear your response and that of spagal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used mine for a couple of weeks and I don't see much change. Maybe the bags under my eyes are getting smaller but that also may be wishful thinking. I've been using Miracle II neutralizer gel with mine and also once in a while Nuskins product. When that is gone I may not order any more because it is so expensive compared to Miracle II. If I see any changes I'll let you know but it is too soon to tell.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, I am using the pre-treatment & treatment gels of course, the face mist, they eye spot treatment cream and few other things that I stopped using just becuase I didn't see any difference.
I have the Galvanic SPA for about a year now. At the beginning I have been using it twice a week (that what I've been told to do by the Rep). Then I switched to once a week and now I only use it every once in a while.
It's true that it's suppose to be a "wrinkle ironing machine" and it's also true that I do not have established lines yet (tnx god) so maybe that's why I didn't see any difference. However, the comp claims that the machine will improve the texture of the skin and will reduce spots/marks etc.. IT'S NOT!!!

I know few people who like the Galvanic and perhaps it works for them. IT DID NOT WORK for me at all. I truly think that I waisted so much money for nothing. You better buy the Clairsonic for deep cleaning. That really works!!

Let me knoe if you have any other question. I would love to share and help!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have also purchased the galvanic machine and have found it works really well for improving the overall texture and firmness of the skin. it does miricles for my mum who actually has deep set wrinkles. I think the aim here is not to have unrealistic expectations, the rep told me that the effects only last for 72 hours..(the face lift part of it) and thats realistic from a machine u use at home running off batteries. Its a quick fix for an immediate lift and also improves the circulation in the face and body.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one this summer 08. I really like it but find the creams expensive too. I googled Miracle II neutralizer gel and floya but could only find something like a cleaning fluid that has been banned by the US for infection reasons?? Could someone tell me where to find the other creams that work with this type of machine? I find my skin tighter and younger looking. I have a small scar on my face and they said it would be removed after a few years of using. I used to use it every morning and night. Now I use it about twice a week in the morning due to cream expense. People have noticed my skin looks lovely and one lady said my eyes look different. Lifted. Supposidely it is cummulative but I didn't take any before/after shots. I would like to see my neck tighten up more. I hate my double chin. I also get a lot of allergy trouble and I find using it very soothing to my eyes when they are irritated. I would recommend it to anyone. I did a facial for my friend and she loved it. I could really notice a difference in her face. She was older. Hope that is helpful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would like to give you the link to the Miracle II site but they won't let us post links here so I will tell you how to find it. In your Google search put in galvanic spa help. About the 5th link down you will see on entitled - Galvanic Spa Review - I Love the Spa But the Pricey... If you go there it will lead you to the Miracle II site. It is an interesting article. I use it instead of the expensive stuff but I am not good at doing it every week so I haven't noticed a change. Maybe some but I'm not sure. I use the Miracle II when I do the 1 fountain on the machine which I know is correct, but I don't know what to use with the 2 fountains. The negative and positive charges mix me up. Can anyone help me out with this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks so much Sunny I found it and it was the stuff I'd found before that had the FDA warning. Then I looked and it was for 2005 so do you think there are still issues with the company? Have you heard anything about this?
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
P05-95
December 6, 2005
\t

Media Inquiries:
Rae Jones, 301-827-6242
Consumer Inquiries:
888-INFO-FDA

FDA Warns Consumers About Unapproved and Bacterially-Contaminated Miracle II Neutralizer and Miracle II Neutralizer Gel Drug Products

Use of Products Could lead to Severe Infections

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is advising consumers not to use Miracle II Neutralizer and Miracle II Neutralizer Gel products manufactured by Tedco, Inc., in West Monroe, Louisiana because the products are bacterially contaminated and have not been proven to be safe and effective. Use of these products could pose a risk of serious adverse events such as infections, particularly in children, the elderly, and individuals with weakened immune systems who are particularly susceptible to illness.

"We will not tolerate the marketing of products that use deceptive and untruthful claims to lure consumers into potentially dangerous situations," said Margaret O'K. Glavin, FDA's Associate Commissioner for Regulatory Affairs. "We consider it a significant public health hazard when consumers are deliberately deceived into using potentially dangerous products that promise health benefits but deliver only risk of harm."

Tedco, Inc., promotes Miracle II Neutralizer for ophthalmic use (in the eyes), including treatment of cataracts and pink eye, and as an eyewash. FDA requires that all ophthalmic products be sterile. Due to the substantial risk posed by non-sterility, Miracle II Neutralizer should never be applied to the eyes.

Tedco, Inc., also markets Miracle II Neutralizer for other unapproved uses, including treatment of AIDS, cancer, Crohn's Disease, dermatitis, diaper rash, diabetes, ear ache, hemorrhoids, hives, gout, herpes, mouth ulcers, psoriasis, skin cancer, and yeast infection. The firm sells Miracle II Neutralizer Gel for many of the same unapproved uses, including diaper rash, diabetes, gout, psoriasis, and skin cancer.

Tedco, Inc., promotes its Miracle II products with claims such as, "Supreme technology has made possible for a perfect soap cleaner, deodorizer, natural insecticide and antibacterial product to be put on the market. This is the only product that is made in the world that can wash a newborn baby or clean up an oil spill and everything in between." Contrary to such claims, recent FDA testing of Miracle II Neutralizer and Miracle II Neutralizer Gel revealed bacterial contamination and poor manufacturing conditions.

Although Tedco, Inc., has been advised by FDA of the contamination found in its Miracle II Neutralizer and Miracle II Neutralizer Gel products, the firm has declined to voluntarily remove the products from the market.

A number of stores sell Miracle II Neutralizer and Miracle II Neutralizer Gel, and the products are distributed and sold worldwide and sold via the Internet. The products are packaged in 8 oz, 22 oz, and one-gallon size containers.

FDA urges consumers, health care providers, and caregivers to cease using and dispose of these products and report any adverse events related to these products to MedWatch, the FDA's voluntary reporting program at 1-800-FDA-1088; by FAX at 1-800-FDA-0178; by mail to MedWatch, Food and Drug Administration, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD, 20857-9787; or online

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found my own answer seems like the FDA and Health Canada got a bit exited about this product. One test like 4 years ago they said had some crap on it and all products got banned from Canada. I put in an email to Health Canada to see if we can get it now. You'd think they would have retested in 4 years. It is like the DHEA stuff. Oh those drug companies sure do hate the health guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I hadn't read any of that before. The FDA I think is extra hard on natural things because of the drug companies. They are very powerful. I've been using the gel and hopefully there is nothing wrong with it. If it was contaminated I would think that they would be forced to take it off the market.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Louise, you've probably already made your decision about buying or not buying a galvanic machine, but as an esthetician I will tell you this:
Galvanic current is designed to make certain products penetrate into the skin more effectively than by just applying them by hand. once it's in your skin, how well the product works depends entirely on the product. Unfortunately, galvanic current does not work with any product. The products must be specifically designed with a positive or negative ionic charges, and you must set the galvanic machine to the opposite current of the product, thereby creating a sort of electical current through your body. It's an old method..not something new in professional skin care. The tricky parts are these: 1) I have never seen a mass market product list its ionic charge on the label & I'm not sure that the home galvanic machines allow a choice of - or + settings, so you would most likely have to use the products sold by the maker of the device. 2) If you have heart trouble, or various other medical conditions you must avoid electical machines like this.

If you use a galvanic-appropriate product, because the serum's penetration is enhanced, people with dry skin will probably see improvement in their hydration level. That can translates into younger-looking skin, but if your hydration level is already normal, and you have deep wrinkles, you probably won't see much if any difference. If you are on a fixed income, I encourage you to SAVE YOUR MONEY! Try ROC with retinol, or products from the Olay Regenerist line. They are less clostly then Arden, but are very high quality. The Regenerist serum even contains the same peptides as Strivectin at a fraction of the cost. Peptides combined with retinol and sunbock are your best bets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts