Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie! I'm trying to go from Gabrielle Union to maybe Christina Milian after a long day on the beach lol
. I'm not interested in getting too pale, I just want to bring out more yellows and reds and less browns and blacks in my skin. I've read some pretty scary stuff about hydroquinone and so I'm really reluctant to use it. I wanted some more natural options. Has anyone achieved good results without hydroquinone? I cant tell that naturally my skin can get light. My feet and legs are already at my goal, but I was both bless and cursed with easy tanning genes. So anything that is exposed to the sun will instantly tan. I would love to walk around in a Jilbab and mask, but thats not really possible with school and work everyday. I've used sunblock at times, but it usually turns my skin an ashy color and gives me acne, besides, I still tan, it drives me nuts! Is there a way i can slow my tanning and lighten what is already tanned?!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
You can achieve your goal with any natural lightener, proper exfoliation,SAP and supplements. Do a search on natural products, its been discussed somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
welcome to SCT :) I think u should start with exfoliation to reveal your real color then work on that using natural lighteners & maybe combining them with tretonin like RA with the mildest % then walk your way up. also consider supplements (there r a lot of supplements threads here) , also food make huge deference with time (may take years) if alone.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Coming back to this post...it seems all that has been discussed here are contraband products with high amount of HQ and undisclosed ingredients. Yes, you can lighten without HQ and lighten well...I'm a good example of that. I have used HQ before but my quest for a lighter skin was not long lived. The good thing about natural lighteners is that they lighten evenly, you don't need to spend more on peels after peels to fix dark knuckles and toes and a plus is that they are very moisturising and fix any skin problem like stretch marks and dehydrated skin. Find a good sunblock that works for you and exfoliate well....you will be at your goal in no time. Be safe and gentle with your skin and it will pay you back in good returns.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh okay thanks. I just heard that other countries don't have strict regulations on Retin-A production, and I didn't want to get a batch from an untrustworthy company. Thanks again

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Yea I got it in the beginning of my regie. I just found the ish In my closet of skin dreams. It's 4oz of Hq 20%. Lawd I paid 75$ it was 135$ but dude was cool when I bid on it or mad my offer. Lol but u kno a sista bout to make sumtin u kno I hate to waste. But after I finish all this ish I'm stocked up fa 2013-14. But I been catching these lil girls that go to school with my son and been making a lil doe ya herd me. Cuz I been collecting plastic to support my habit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK so I'm starting today! This is the routine I worked out for myself!

At night I exfoliate in the shower with Glytone exfoliating body wash, after, apply my special lightening cream, which is a mix I made of Arbutin powder, Kojic acid Sepiwhite (Skinwhite) and Vitamin C serum (trying to do without HQ for now.)

Then in the morning apply More Vitamin C serum and a great sunblock. SAP during the day of course and 20% Lactic acid peels on knees and elbows once a week.
Do you guys think that there is anything important I'm missing? Any suggestion or modifications I'm open to! THANKS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts