Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have made previous posts regarding Green Cream, but I just needed to post again. I have been really trying to make alot of changes with my skin care. As I posted before, I am fairly new to all of this including taking care of my skin. I started drinking lots of water, added supplements to my diet, watch what I eat and added GC to me regimen, as well as sunscreen I am using GC for 3 weeks now, and I have not noticed any improvement in my skin at all. Kevin said it could take 6-8 weeks for any noticeable changes. I also have not experienced any peeling. I know I abused my skin for many years (sunbathing, etc) and I realize that I cannot undo damage overnight, but I thought by now my skin would look a little better. I also have the ingredients for the DIY Vitamin C serum on order, so I will be incorporating that into my routine as well. I am really hoping that maybe that will give my skin an extra boost. Dont mean to complain, but I guess I am anxious to see some results.

I was wondering if it took others awhile to see a difference. Well any feedback or advice will be appreciated. Thanks again for listening....

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom,
I would give it a good 6-8 weeks as Kevin advises. Adding the C serum should give you a good boost. If you still don't see anything after 6-8 weeks you could either go up to L9 or to Retin-A Micro.

Here's some info you will find interesting. It is definitely worth the trouble of answering the questionnaire to obtain the Infopack!!

Skin Rejuvenation Infopack

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I was wondering if it took others awhile to see a difference. Well any feedback or advice will be appreciated. Thanks again for listening....
MOM - YOU MUST BE PATIENT! YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK! DON"T STRESS YOURSELF OUT - IT ONLY MAKES SKIN PROBLEMS WORSE!

I started using Retin-A (0.05%) last October and did not notice anything for about three months or so. It was only after the turn of the year that I noticed some improvement: my skin is smoother and the wrinkles are "softer" looking, meaning the "edginess" is fading - I think this is what they mean by "resurfacing."

If it took that long to see initial results from Retin-A, which is stronger than the GC, then I think that you really need to be patient and let the GC do its work in its own time. If you rush things along - the skin will react unfavorably and just put you back to zero (or less).

In the meantime, you will reap the benefits of a vitamin C serum - the antioxidant activity is less obvious, but the exfoliant effects are wonderful and should give you smooth and glowing skin within just a short time. I found this to be a great encouragement for myself along the way.

I wish you the best results and can only say that we have been through the waiting period too - but it is well worth it!

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Hang in there it will get better. Remember......the damage/problems your having with your skin did not happen over night. Happened over a long period of time. Your giving your skin the proper tools to undo the damage. It will take time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...I am def. going to fill out that questionnaire for that skin packet. I realize patience is a big part of the process, I realize it is not realistic to expect overnight changes (although I would not mind that) While on the subject of GC, I am just starting to notice that after applying my sunscreen, and foundation (which I wait a bit before applying each) it burns a little under my eye area..is this normal??? I don't put a lot of GC around the eye area, but I do apply it there. Should I not apply in that particular area for a day or two??

The GC makes my skin so oily, (which was already oily to begin with) I hope this subsides as well.

As always I thank you guys for all of your wonderful advice.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Mom,
Sometimes a sunscreen can cause irritation. Which one are you using? Zinc oxide or titanium dioxide (physical sunscreens) are less irritating. Devita is one. Devita.net.

I use GC and Retin-A under MY eyes. Sometimes it causes a crepey-looking skin for a while til the skin adjusts. You will go thru stages with it. Moisturize well. If it truly is too irritating you could lay off a couple days.

I'm sorry the GC is making you too oily. It may normalize in time - you've only used it THREE WEEKS!! - or you might have to switch to Retin-A Gel which is not oily. GC contains silicones which make it easier to spread and give a smoothing look to the skin, but sometimes look oily too. Does it help you to use blotting tissues?

As everyone has said, hang in there! It takes time!!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well right now I am using Neutrogena Face Shield SPF70, my mother in law bought it for me so I have been using that for now. I would like to purchase the La Roche Posay one. The drugstore near me (CVS) carries that whole line. Yes that reminds me I need to purchase the blotting tissues, I ran out sometime ago and have not used them since.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Mom-

I am sorry you are still having issues with that GC. I wonder what is going on with it. Have you tried to send Kevin an email? Maybe try doing that and explaining the situation to him.

I know the sunscreen you are using is oil free, so that can't be the cause for more oil. Are you hormonal right now? Sweating, etc? Lol, I say this because lord knows I am-
But really, sometimes if you are hormonal or it is getting close to that time, my face will produce more oil. Just a thought....you have me stumped.

Try emailing Kevin or calling their customer service number and see if you can't get some answers. I'm sorry-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts