Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, SPF is great at protecting your skin from harmful rays; in the prevention of skin cancer, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and other things but does it prevent you from getting darker, from tanning, due to sun exposure? If it does, to a certain degree?

So ones that have a "permatan" can get lighter with use of SPF?

What key ingredients makes a great SPF, details please?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
bumping

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Yes, SPF is great at protecting your skin from harmful rays; in the prevention of skin cancer, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and other things but does it prevent you from getting darker, from tanning, due to sun exposure? If it does, to a certain degree?

So ones that have a "permatan" can get lighter with use of SPF?

What key ingredients makes a great SPF, details please?
When you use an SPF, your permatan, discolorations, uneven skintone, and skind damage will be frozen and wont be aggravated or develop futhur, however, the SPF wont actually lighten/bleach the permatans and other hyperpigmentation disorders, it will stop furthur damage and pigmentation disorders.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have heard of some sunblocks including lightening ingredients to help with lightening, but I have never tried them before. Other than that they help me to avoid getting darker and good at protecting the skin.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Okay that explains why I seemed to get lighter over fall/winters at university. I didn't notice it until getting a few comments & one full-on bleaching accusation ( i hadn't used any lightener or special exfo or even sunblock..just nasty old supergrey winter) from home.

The sun really does a number on skin. ...I'm sitting here peeling right now... like a giant snake or something (TCA 20% on arms & knees).

I do not want to have to go through all of this ever again.

These are all starting to appeal to me..

·
Registered
906 Posts
Okay that explains why I seemed to get lighter over fall/winters at university. I didn't notice it until getting a few comments & one full-on bleaching accusation ( i hadn't used any lightener or special exfo or even sunblock..just nasty old supergrey winter) from home.

The sun really does a number on skin. ...I'm sitting here peeling right now... like a giant snake or something (TCA 20% on arms & knees).

LOL!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
lol...are you serious Eggo about the niqaab?

Well, the last photo of the colorful scarf is quite pretty, I like the way it is wrapped.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Me too!! Eggo, you are SO funny!!! I love reading your posts. You always bring a sudden smile to my face. OMG that white lady with the black umbrella looks a bit like me! Exactly the same hair (I wear it like that several times a week) but mine isn't as long I don't think, although it's hard to tell in that photo, same lippy and even the umbrella. She's whiter than me though, and prettier
. I know it's not everyone's taste but I love that look.

BTW, I bet those women who wear burkas have the most gorgeous skin.

·
Registered
412 Posts
hahahaha...funny post eggo! Ive even thought about wearing a niqaab every now and again when i get frustrated with my skin...maybe if i was back in the middle east though..def not in the states

Karen- some of my friends wear it and they do have gorgeous skin...so fair with a great complexion, although im sure thats not the case with all of them

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
jganer & eternal ...Hey, I'm only half joking. Part me feels like wow...If I could, I would..I love something about hijab, niqaab, and tznius clothes. I don't see the niqaab a lot here or where dh is from though. ...I'm Jewish & my dh is Muslim but neither of us obviously are orthoprax & orthodox. I did see women wearing it in Morocco.

It just seems like lot of the modest and/or old-fashioned styles of dress cut down on so much sun exposure. If you're only showing what hands & face? ..maybe only the eye area?... can you imagine how great your skin might be? It would really cut down on products to buy.

My intention at this point would be wrong though. The nice skin should be a side effect, benefit of faith & modesty...at this point I'd end up w/ warts or something.
Maybe I'll get there one day.

karennannev...
the girl in the Empress parasol pic is adorable(i love the fringe..that's the one thing about curly hair that I miss, bangs..they were never quite right, even with the straightened hair.)..lol hey I guess I'll can go with a quasi gothic lifestyle until I'm ready to move on to something else.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
hahahaha...funny post eggo! Ive even thought about wearing a niqaab every now and again when i get frustrated with my skin...maybe if i was back in the middle east though..def not in the states

Karen- some of my friends wear it and they do have gorgeous skin...so fair with a great complexion, although im sure thats not the case with all of them
Yes, I only see like a few women a year in niqaab outside of Islamic events. I wish things were more free here.

·
Registered
463 Posts

LOL me too! I would rather wear these than lose the results I worked so hard to get!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts