Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a few hypopigmented areas on my face a bit lighter than my skin tone......doc has prescribed me glycolic acid lotion 6%.....i was wondering is it effective......do i need to take any precautions?....n how much time does it take before one can appreciate any improvement!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
6% only
Typically, you need a good 10-20% B4 real measurable results can be seen. NeoStrata makes a good line of OTC products. Perhaps the 6% lotion he prescribed also has some other actives in it?

·
Registered
484 Posts
What a coincidence I just received my 15% glycolic acid lotion
from Sharon Marie (ebay ID sharefair), it was $15.49 for an 8oz bottle.

She also has a website sharonmarieskincare.com
There is a 5% lotion and 10% lotion.
Water (distilled), Glycolic Acid, Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Emulsifying Wax, Almond Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Vitamin E ( Tocopherol), Silver Citrate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate.

I'm not sure what the PH is. [email protected]
She is very, very nice and will answer any questions you have. You can ask her if it's alright to use this on your face.

You have Hypopigmentation
right? the loss of skin color, caused by melanocyte or melanin depletion, or a decrease in the amino acid tyrosine, which is used by melanocytes to make melanin. (wikipedia).

She also offers a Foaming Facial Wash with 5% and 10% Glycolic Acid. Glycolic Acid Toner 5% 10% 15% 8 oz each $12.99 You know me I went straight for the strongest one. That 15% toner is no joke!!
Should have used the 5% first then worked my way up.

I used the glycolic toner from Reviva Labs and I think it's only 1% or 2% so I moved up to a stronger toner. With Reviva Labs I did not feel anything, you know with some skin care products you think you have to feel something, that's what makes you think it's working. Yep, I "felt" something alright. lol whoohoo

I'm thinking of purchasing her 30% Glycolic Acid Exfoliating Body Wash. I see in her feedback someone said it was strong and takes a bit getting used to so perhaps I'll use it on my feet and legs and see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ondine n Nikkicute....my doc said some previous allergy or inflammation might have resulted in the hypopigmentation......lotion contains glycolic acid only.....i think its better if i start with low concentration n then move to stronger one.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i have one more query......is there anything else i can use along with glycolic acid to enhance or fasten its effect?

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm not sure, just keep up with the glycolic and wear sunblock.
This is the first time chatting with someone with hypopigmented skin. I think the glycolic should even things out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Nikkicute..... yeah will do that.......i love my skin tone ....its the unevenness which is bothering me.....its not actually totally severe hypopigmentation or depigmentation....the area is not even noticeable until looked closely...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts