Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me? I carry gloMinerals and love it. I have several clients that ask me about the comparison to Bare Minerals but I know nothing about Bare minerals. What is the difference?

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Here is a link to mineral makeup reviews. You can look up basically any kind of mineral makeup to compare to others.

I have never used gloMinerals, so I cannot help you with that. I have use several other mineral makeups as well as Bare Essentials and I could not stand the sting I got from using the bismuth. I am acne prone and therefore bismuth isn't good for those with acne prone skin. I also don't care for the shine you get from using mineral makeup. Just my own personal opinion.

Good luck and hope this helps

Bare Minerals Ingredients

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by krisskin11

glominerals is a pharmaceutical grade makeup line and bare minerals is not. glominerals has antioxidants throughout the entire makeup line, and bare minerals does not. glominerals is only sold to professionals and physicians and you can buy bare minerals on an infomercial. Bare minerals is not quality makeup and is made very cheap, my friend works at the lab that creates it and it's low quality, you might as well us maybelline.

I used Bare Minerals for a long time without incident. No breakouts, no problems whatsoever and have recommended it to friends and family.

Of course, everyone is different and their skin will react differently. Really the only reason I stopped using it is because it got to be too time consuming. Too many steps, too messy. I missed the ease and convenience of a liquid foundation.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Quote: Originally Posted by krisskin11

glominerals is a pharmaceutical grade makeup line and bare minerals is not. glominerals has antioxidants throughout the entire makeup line, and bare minerals does not. glominerals is only sold to professionals and physicians and you can buy bare minerals on an infomercial. Bare minerals is not quality makeup and is made very cheap, my friend works at the lab that creates it and it's low quality, you might as well us maybelline.

Pretty harsh on your opinion there with Bare Minerals-
sounds like you are trying to do advertising for glominerals?????

Mineral makeup is just like anything else. You have to find one that works for you, wether it be an expensive line or a drug store brand. It doesn't really matter. What matters is if you like it and it works for you, then go for it!!

Everyone is different, what you like and think is the best, the next person may have a different view on it, and thinks its horrible!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Can someone help me? I carry gloMinerals and love it. I have several clients that ask me about the comparison to Bare Minerals but I know nothing about Bare minerals. What is the difference?
Look them both up at Makeupalley.com and see what others have to say about them in their reviews. I've never used either of them. You are probably looking for which would be more popular to stock. Check makeupalley.com to see % of who would repurchase.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I used Bare Minerals for a long time without incident. No breakouts, no problems whatsoever and have recommended it to friends and family. Of course, everyone is different and their skin will react differently. Really the only reason I stopped using it is because it got to be too time consuming. Too many steps, too messy. I missed the ease and convenience of a liquid foundation.
For real? On the commercial it makes it looks like you only have to use the brush, shake off the excess and wipe it on your face for full coverage then you can go, I thought it looked easier than liquid.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yes, and this is exactly what they want you to think. I'm not bashing the product because I used it for a while and it's good stuff if you like mineral makeup, but in my opinion it was a daily inconvenient mess. Especially the eye shadows. There was not a single time that I attempted to use a BM eye shadow that it didn't end up on my cheeks or under my eyes.

I do, however, still use BM blush and sometimes the mineral veil to set my foundation. I like it for that purpose but as a complete make-up system, I have given it up. For now.

I'm not discouraging you from trying it, I'm just sharing my experience.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I went in some time ago and had a "makeover" done with the bareminerals what can I say except it looked great from afar, up close it showed every line, wrinkle I was not impressed at all, I looked way older. The only things that I did like however were the eye liners, I even bought the dark blue one and the pink one that opens up your eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts