Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I've been using Gluta-C cream at night for about 4 weeks. The directions say, after about a month, to give it a break for 1-2 weeks.

I have also been using glutathione soap for cleansing and (hopefully) lightening, a couple of times a day. Do I also need to stop using the soap for a period of time?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very slight lightening...more of an evening out or 'breaking up' of my melasma. I have melasma on both sides of my face, from cheekbones all the way down to chin. You can see a defined line along my jawline. It's that line that appears 'softer' and not as contrasting. Not a huge difference, but an improvement and I'm pleased so far. I am wondering how the 1-2 weeks off from the Gluta-C will be...will my skin go back to how it was before or stay this way?

My ultimate goal would be to lighten my face, neck and arms.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
why is a 1-2 week break needed during the use of gluta-c? And only used at night, correct? the ingredients are mainly alpha-arbutin, glutathione, and what else...?

How come other skin lightening products who uses the same ingredients do not advocate this as well? Is there scientific clinical information that supports this form of use and will the skin get darker if continued use is applied with no break or used more than once a day?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Eternal,
I'm not sure about other skin lightening products and giving a 'rest period'. The Gluta-C cream and glutathione soap are the only ones I have tried so far. I bought the Gluta-C cream from funkymommy.net and here's part of what it said for the directions:

"Important: After a month of every day use, give your skin at least 1-2 weeks rest. This will ensure an oxygen rich skin (pinkish glow) and letting the skin breathe. Then continue using every other night. Continue the regimen of 1 month use, 1-2 weeks rest until you finally achieved the skintone of preference. During this break, please use Sunblock or Moisturizer w/ Sunblock to maintain and protect the skin. Avoid sun at any cost."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For melasma, try Triluma
Hi LnL - my melasma started around 15 years ago when I was on progesterone for a hormonal imbalance. It showed up as two very dark brown circles on my cheeks. Just two circles that stuck out like sore thumbs! A dermatologist prescribed HC and RA at the time. It actually worked...but too much...I ended up with hypopigmentation and had two circles that were noticeably lighter than the surrounding skin color!

Over the years, the lighter circles eventually darkened. Unfortunately, the melasma ended up spreading to other areas of my face, even though I had stopped the progesterone for many years prior.

So...since then, I have been apprehensive of HQ/RA...I'm open to using it again, but wanted to try other things like glutathione first.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i been using gluta-c lightening cream since last year...i don't let my skin rest that long like one or two weeks,i let mines rest like 2 or three day's max,see what the break is to let the skin get oxygen,and when that air hit it,it's glows,wonderful,pinkess......a good thing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Going by the "Color Chart" thread, I am Brown, and would love to be Medium, but I think Olive would be more realistic.

·
Registered
819 Posts
why is a 1-2 week break needed during the use of gluta-c? And only used at night, correct? the ingredients are mainly alpha-arbutin, glutathione, and what else...?

How come other skin lightening products who uses the same ingredients do not advocate this as well? Is there scientific clinical information that supports this form of use and will the skin get darker if continued use is applied with no break or used more than once a day?
Hi eternal, Gluta c has tretinoin so day use is a no no, also giving your skin a break from the product ensures that your skin gets oxygen rich.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Haji, where did you get your Gluta-C from?[/QUO

Donaldo,

Great to see the "softer side" of you. Love the baby pic.

I have only used the Gluatione soap, which has considerable brighening effects and as an overall adjunct to your lightening/brightening/toning creams or gels.

It is a bit pricey, but I purchased mine from fairnglow.com

My rationale was that if the company was bold enough to manufacture and sell harsh monobenzone products; the (albeit safer) glutathione products must be rather potent.

My (elementary) logic paid off. The soap is great, and to describe, it is a sort of heightened Likas papaya soap; in terms of effectiveness.

I do not endose, or neither do I use any of the the mono products from this manufacturer.

Best wishes for optimal results.

CrescentM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts